MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need a few OEM bits (rubber bushings and whatnot) for my 2006 Brutlae 910. The parts are around 10 euro, but then all these places in Europe want 40-50 euro shipping. Is there a place for OEM parts in the USA? Or is this just the way it is with a dying brand? I'm in the Boston area and the local MV dealer dropped MV years ago-- the nearest dealer now is 5 hours away in New York.

The parts I need are:
8A0091693 x1
800048245 x2
800089293 x2

Thanks for any advice!

·
Premium Member
2,897 Posts
800048245 are M6 wellnuts on eBay for cheap.

Reactions: Teeps

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
I've had very good luck ordering from Toast at ProItalia, they stock quite a few parts still.

·
Administrator
20,064 Posts
"Dying brand" ????? where does that idea come from?

Call Mark at the DucShop, he is a MV dealer and gives me great parts service. Contact any of the MV dealers in the USA and ask about parts ordering. Shouldn't be a problem.

·
Super Moderator
22,486 Posts
@ridesideways: So, your "local" MV SHop was Eastern Cycles in Beverly and now it is Cycles 128....also in Beverly.

The well-nuts are readily available on many websites. I can send you what you need for cost.

The "C" channel is harder to get. As an option, go to a hardware store and buy some rubber tubing of an appropriate diameter and cut it along the length to suit.

Likewise the rubber grommet can be obtained at a local hardware. Just take the dash cover with you and test fit.

Cycles 128 will order what you seek; it may take awhile to get it.

Reactions: esq'z me

·
Registered
97 Posts
Munroe Motors SF. Keith in parts.

I am literally dealing with the same thing. The little rubber bands, a water pump seal, toe peg rubber....these obnoxious little things have been driving me nuts and I fully expected to have to cobble together the orders from different places and wait forever. "Well", I thought just before I hit purchase from some site in FrItaly, "maybe I should call Munroe and see what they've got".

Munroe had all the parts in stock.

$29 later, I am stoked to head to the garage and pretty up my baby!

·
Administrator
20,064 Posts
I will never understand why people don't just ask their local dealer for parts availability before they go off searching around the world on forums or eBay....

The dealer can see availability of parts from the factory IF they don't actually have them in stock.....especially small common service stuff.

Don't assume parts are hard to get until you ask. Some dealers may have crappy parts staff, but most have staff who genuinely want to help.

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I will never understand why people don't just ask their local dealer for parts availability before they go off searching around the world on forums or eBay....

The dealer can see availability of parts from the factory IF they don't actually have them in stock.....especially small common service stuff.

Don't assume parts are hard to get until you ask. Some dealers may have crappy parts staff, but most have staff who genuinely want to help.
Because there is no local MV dealer in many places around the country.

Plus, have you ever talked to these blockheads before? Who TF wants to deal with these morons? I remember going to a Yamaha dealer to get an oil filter wrench tool. The guy was asking me all kinds of questions about what year, what model, scratching his head, etc., etc. I argued with the guy for 15 minutes over "which type of oil wrench would fit a Yamaha R6" and I"m like it's a UNIVERSAL tool, you don't need to know all that. Eventually the guy was like oh I have to order it and it will take 2 weeks to get here. For a fucking UNIVERSAL oil filter wrench! I gave up and went to a different parts store. At the next place I said "I have an '06 R6 and need an oil filter wrench...." and the guy reached behind the counter and I had it in my hands before I even finished my first sentence.

And that was talking to the guy IN PERSON. Now with no local dealership to visit in person, you're suggesting calling these people ON THE PHONE? Pffffft forget it.... infinitely easier to order online and pay $40 shipping if I have to. My time is too valuable for that shit.

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
"Dying brand" ????? where does that idea come from?
Ummm yeah, have you ever read the history of MV? They constantly go into debt, parts become scarce, rumors start, another investor comes in to bail them out. Dealerships are disappearing. Impossible to order parts online. The list goes on and on. So based on this evidence, the brand is dying.

Sure the bike itself looks sexy as hell, but my 13 year-old 910 STILL sputters and stalls when idling, like clockwork every few minutes! For 13 years it's done this. I had Eastern Cycle (in Beverly MA) look at it countless times when they were still an MV dealer, and they tried to fix it repeatedly until they ran out the clock on the warranty, at which point they said "sorry it's not under warranty anymore". Regardless of their ineptitude, now they've dropped MV and the nearest dealer is in NY. So, I personally tinkered with just about every single adjustment and part on the bike, all with no improvement. Maybe it's the ECU, but how the hell can I get a spare one to try *easily* and *economically* in the Boston area? A: You can't.

What other sane conclusion is there for one to make? I can't order parts; there's no one who can fix the sputtering/stalling problem. Yeah, the brand is dying-- they can't support their bikes.

·
Premium Member
1,393 Posts
Ummm yeah, have you ever read the history of MV? They constantly go into debt, parts become scarce, rumors start, another investor comes in to bail them out. Dealerships are disappearing. Impossible to order parts online. The list goes on and on. So based on this evidence, the brand is dying.

Sure the bike itself looks sexy as hell, but my 13 year-old 910 STILL sputters and stalls when idling, like clockwork every few minutes! For 13 years it's done this. I had Eastern Cycle (in Beverly MA) look at it countless times when they were still an MV dealer, and they tried to fix it repeatedly until they ran out the clock on the warranty, at which point they said "sorry it's not under warranty anymore". Regardless of their ineptitude, now they've dropped MV and the nearest dealer is in NY. So, I personally tinkered with just about every single adjustment and part on the bike, all with no improvement. Maybe it's the ECU, but how the hell can I get a spare one to try *easily* and *economically* in the Boston area? A: You can't.

What other sane conclusion is there for one to make? I can't order parts; there's no one who can fix the sputtering/stalling problem. Yeah, the brand is dying-- they can't support their bikes.
It's okay, you may sell your bike.
or maybe see Rob
http://robsdyno.com/services.html

·
Administrator
20,064 Posts
I think Eric needs to sell the MV and buy another Suzuki to go with his SV650 track bikes (great bikes, by the way).....the newer GSX-R1000s are awesome.....

Oh yeah, there were rumors of Suzuki motorcycles going out of business not very long ago...

Maybe Eric should get another Yamaha....or better yet, a vanilla Honda. No fear of problems or lack of dealer's with intelligent staff there.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Because there is no local MV dealer in many places around the country.

Plus, have you ever talked to these blockheads before? Who TF wants to deal with these morons? I remember going to a Yamaha dealer to get an oil filter wrench tool. The guy was asking me all kinds of questions about what year, what model, scratching his head, etc., etc. I argued with the guy for 15 minutes over "which type of oil wrench would fit a Yamaha R6" and I"m like it's a UNIVERSAL tool, you don't need to know all that. Eventually the guy was like oh I have to order it and it will take 2 weeks to get here. For a fucking UNIVERSAL oil filter wrench! I gave up and went to a different parts store. At the next place I said "I have an '06 R6 and need an oil filter wrench...." and the guy reached behind the counter and I had it in my hands before I even finished my first sentence.

And that was talking to the guy IN PERSON. Now with no local dealership to visit in person, you're suggesting calling these people ON THE PHONE? Pffffft forget it.... infinitely easier to order online and pay $40 shipping if I have to. My time is too valuable for that shit.
Its guys like you why staff at dealerships become numb and unwilling to help. I bet you talked down then with an attitude and wonder why nobody wants to help you lol Sad

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

1 - 14 of 14 Posts