MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,299 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know where I can source a Higher resolution image of this painting. The best I found was 72dpi I need higher as I want to print on large canvas. The best I can get with this is a 12" x 18"

Attachments

·
Registered
2,901 Posts
Adrian I've got that on file and already printed A0 size . I had to recreate it and tweak it. It's perfect.
How big do u want it as in canvas size?

File sizes even 72dpi can print billboard sizes mate . There are lots of techniques we designers know to fudge that to make large art.

Who ever told u the best u can get a 72dpi file to is 12x18 is an idiot

cos it's a photo it's already got a lot of grain in it. It's unfortunately part of it. If u want it to look painted as in what your title says that's also easy too. Heck I can make it look like a comic book drawing too lol.

Let me know.

·
Registered
1,299 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Adrian I've got that on file and already printed A0 size . I had to recreate it and tweak it. It's perfect.
How big do u want it as in canvas size?

File sizes even 72dpi can print billboard sizes mate . There are lots of techniques we designers know to fudge that to make large art.

Who ever told u the best u can get a 72dpi file to is 12x18 is an idiot

cos it's a photo it's already got a lot of grain in it. It's unfortunately part of it. If u want it to look painted as in what your title says that's also easy too. Heck I can make it look like a comic book drawing too lol.

Let me know.
I was thinking of doing it big 2m x .900m. Think it would look awesome that size on Canvas. I bought a few Mv prints on canvas off Art of Brands and they look awesome on Canvas. I asked Roger about this image and making a Canvas out of it and that's what he told me about it.
What are you saying Rob, you can improve the resolution of it. I want it to look more painting than photo. That's exactly what he said, the larger you go the more grain is in it.

·
Registered
2,901 Posts
adrian, dont worry about resolution. thats like me talking to u about studs and noggins lol, i got no idea what or how far they need to be apart. its not a problem adrian, if u want it to look like a painting, i can make it the size of a house if u like. what do u want watercolour or oil painting lol

·
Registered
2,901 Posts
this is the original photo
the one u have is one thats been retouched and croped

Attachments

·
Registered
2,901 Posts

·
Registered
1,299 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
adrian to see what a pic created to look like an exact oil painting if thats what u want
here u go
i dont personally like it, but its as acurate as u can get it

http://www.dpreview.com/forums/post/39801386

and a vid
http://www.peachpit.com/podcasts/episode.aspx?e=5a900f31-0f34-4199-a3d3-a1f37cee51de

if thats what u want , u can have the pic u want done to any size mate
let me know
if u want words put on it too thats doable to
You know what I like Rob. When you see a painting but think its a photo at first glance, but it's only when you get up real close you realise its a painting. That's what I would like to achieve. Do you think that can be done?.
I've seen the photo image, it looks so different and clear. Do you know much about it?

·
Registered
2,901 Posts
adrian. the technique in the video above shows how u can add more or less oil paint technique to the pic. how ever much u want u can put in. Absolutely it can be done. Bare in mind Adrian its a photo of a painting not an actual painting. let me know what u want and ill do it for u.

u want photorealism do u, in a painting...? check below

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wZGktYCqops

·
2,156 Posts
adrian. the technique in the video above shows how u can add more or less oil paint technique to the pic. how ever much u want u can put in. Absolutely it can be done. Bare in mind Adrian its a photo of a painting not an actual painting. let me know what u want and ill do it for u.

u want photorealism do u, in a painting...? check below

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wZGktYCqops
Hey A, I have this on file and could reproduce for you(same as my banner) save you a lot of grief:naughty::naughty::naughty::jsm::jsm::jsm::jsm::jsm:

Attachments

·
Registered
1,299 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Hey A, I have this on file and could reproduce for you(same as my banner) save you a lot of grief:naughty::naughty::naughty::jsm::jsm::jsm::jsm::jsm:
Hi J, if you could that would be great. Save me some time. Cheers

1 - 12 of 12 Posts