MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi!

This is my first post on the site and I should mention that I hope to be an MV owner next year if all goes to plan. I've read a good number of the different threads and thought I should now venture to ask some deep and meaningful questions of you owners. I have a list of questions below and I would like you to answer them honestly. If you agree with the questions then add up how many you agree with and mark yourself out of six. As a prospective owner I hope you agree with 3 or less. Please take this all with a bit humour as I really have no intention of upsetting anyone and only pose the question as a bit of fun:naughty:. So how honest can you be?...is that another question?

To be an MV owner you need to:

1.Be filthy rich.

2.Ride less than 1000 miles (1600kms) annually on your MV.

3.Have another bike for when your MV is in the garage for repair ( and you ride >1000miles /yr on this bike).

4.Have the patience of a saint when needing repairs/parts.

5.Do all your own repairs/mods/maintenance.

6.Be so smitten by MV's that you can't imagine life without it (and its faults).

So let's hear from you owners:drummer:.

·
Registered
734 Posts
MY ANSWERS

1.Be filthy rich.
I´M NOT RICH

I MAKE 16.000 KMS YEAR

3.Have another bike for when your MV is in the garage for repair ( and you ride >1000miles /yr on this bike).
I´VE ANOTHER BIKE AND RIDE IT EVERY MONTH TO KEEP THE BAT OK

SO FAR SO GOOD...NO WORRIES!

DON´T HAVE THE TIME BUT SEEMS IT AIN´T THAT DIFFICULT. A LOT OF GUYS HERE DO IT...AND IT´S CHEAPER CONSIDERING OTHER ITALIAN BIKES.

6.Be so smitten by MV's that you can't imagine life without it (and its faults).
IT´S A MATTER OF PASSION, IN MY CASE I KNOW IT´S NOT THE BEST BIKE IN THE WORLD BUT IT´S WHERE I FEEL IN HEAVEN WHEN RIDING.

E

·
Registered
1,090 Posts

Patience and love...:)

·
Super Moderator
22,660 Posts
Hi!

This is my first post on the site and I should mention that I hope to be an MV owner next year if all goes to plan. I've read a good number of the different threads and thought I should now venture to ask some deep and meaningful questions of you owners. I have a list of questions below and I would like you to answer them honestly. If you agree with the questions then add up how many you agree with and mark yourself out of six. As a prospective owner I hope you agree with 3 or less. Please take this all with a bit humour as I really have no intention of upsetting anyone and only pose the question as a bit of fun:naughty:. So how honest can you be?...is that another question?

1.Be filthy rich.

I am filthy, but not Rich...I go by Chuck

I've had my MV F4 312R for three years and it has 7800 miles on it.

Do you mean the Harley Davidson CVO Electa Glide (3200 mi/yr), the Ducati Monster S4Rs (5800 mi/yr), the Ducati 748s Track Bike (500 mi/yr), or the 1963 Honda Cub C100A resto project....(0 mi/yr)

I have two ex-wives...I should simply be Cannonized now. As far as repairs/parts...I know a guy....:naughty:

All...no. Most...yes Some that sane people wouldn't attempt...certainly.

There is nothing in life that I need except life. Now, if you want to talk about my desires.....:blah:
:brutale:Become an owner and you'll reap the benefits...resistance is futile.:f4:

·
Registered
3,242 Posts
#6 only for me. I do have another bike, but not because my MV needs repairs. I've had zero problems with mine (except for a faulty turn signal) in almost two years of ownership. I've put 4,000 miles on mine in two years.....and I work for the government, so far from rich!

·
Registered
5,096 Posts
Interesting first post.

·
Registered
7,804 Posts
Hi!

1.Be filthy rich.
I wish
Just turned over 10,000 miles
Sold my R1 because I never rode it after I got the MV
Very few issues
Do all maintenance and mods. Not all repairs
You will understand after you own one.
:f4:

·
Registered
17,189 Posts
Be heterosexual if you ride a Brutie, alternative lifestyle if you ride a F4......

·
Registered
9,958 Posts
Hi!

1.Be filthy rich.

Hey, what is the fastest way to make a million ? Start with ten million and buy an MV Agusta,,,

Which MV are you thinking of ?

joe

·
Registered
5,096 Posts
Be heterosexual if you ride a Brutie, alternative lifestyle if you ride a F4......

Ahhhhh. Thanks Randy. The thread seems complete now. Terribly incorrect yet again (Brutie blah blah blah). But complete. :stickpoke

·
Registered
5,096 Posts
OK. I'll play.

1.Be filthy rich.
Terribly rich with friends.

True. Gotta split my pleasure riding time between 2 street bikes, 1 track bike and 2 old cars.

True

True. Patience is a virtue.

No. Not really. May do a little, but prefer to spend my tiny portions of free time enjoying family, friends, motorcycles, shooting, cars, etc., than working on bikes and cars.

Not particularly. I like experiencing differences in things, and subtleties of character and design. Hope to some day own one of each: Bimota, Benelli, Moto Guzzi, Aprilia. Life is more than MV Agusta and Ducati. I do generally love all things Italian - wine, women, motorcycles, guns, cars...

·
Registered
1,331 Posts

1.Be filthy rich.

correct, i through coins to the peasants on the way to work.

my butler takes my bikes out to make sure there is nothing wrong with them. I usually just use the bike to go get the mail. My driveway is 2.5 miles long.

My other 19 bikes are all MV's

my bikes never need repairs or parts. If something happens to it i just through it in the trash.(to join all the other Jap crap on the road)

see above.

Like my license plate says....MV 4 LIFE

·
Registered
7,804 Posts
Okay Randarosa, sexuality aside, what are your affirmative answers??:naughty:
He is off in some dark corner thinking about Brutie riders:stickpoke

·
Administrator
20,408 Posts

1.Be filthy rich. Nope

2.Ride less than 1000 miles (1600kms) annually on your MV. Not me

3.Have another bike for when your MV is in the garage for repair ( and you ride >1000miles /yr on this bike). Not really. Have a few, but Gina is the one that gets the most miles

4.Have the patience of a saint when needing repairs/parts. Never been an issue for me.

5.Do all your own repairs/mods/maintenance. By choice....I like to work on my bikes (and can).

6.Be so smitten by MV's that you can't imagine life without it (and its faults). Yes, although I also like pretty much all bikes....and what faults????? Gina has none.
There you have it :smoking:

·
Registered
151 Posts
an MV owner you need to:

1.Be filthy rich.
No. I'm no pauper but I certainly don't "waste" money on motorcycles. MV or otherwise.

No more or less. I do about 1,500km on racetracks only.

No. I have 5 other bikes. None of which are used as a substitute for each other.

No. Look carefully in the mirror.

Yes. Hence the cryptic answer to 4.

No. It's just another tool hanging on the wall.

7. Are you a Mega-troll?

·
Registered
101 Posts

So, Randy.....

Was that picture on the other thread of you on a Honda Rune taken during your period of alternative lifestyle?:naughty::)

Happy New Year to all!

Cheers,
Al.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts