MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi to all!

I have MV Agusta Ovunque 125 type 051 - 1952. I need an advice. I need to know the ratio of gasoline to oil. On the web i found 6% mixture lubrication, I think that is too much.....
Also i need to know the amount of oil in transmission. On the web i found 6% mixture lubrication, I think that is too much.....
If anyone has any material about this model, I will be very grateful!

MV Agu.jpg

·
Administrator
19,517 Posts
First of all, Welcome to the family !!
Can't speak for that exact model, but 2-stroke oils are vastly improved from when it was built.

Back then a 20:1 ratio gas to oil was pretty common. 32:1 with better oils. Today there are some recommendations of 50:1, but I wouldn't recommend that.

Remember, increased oil amount actually results in leaner fuel air mixtures (less gasoline to mix with air). You only want as much oil as needed to keep the piston and crank bearings lubricated (very little actually).

I would go with a high quality 2-stroke oil at 32:1. The bike may run rich (fuel, not oil) so carb jetting could be required if it was originally designed to run 20:1....or just shift ratio to 20:1.

I'm sure some other member here, more familiar with the classic bikes, will chime in.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Sorry I can't offer an help, but can offer encouragement.
Cute little scooter and in pretty good condition from the outside.
I like the two aero winglets above the front mudguard for extra downforce. Only just catching up with that technology with modern Motogp & Superbikes.
Hope it gives you many miles of enjoyment.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts