MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
The Dude
5,041 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I think I'm gonna slap one of these up... but does anybody have one? Dunno anything about it, but an MV for 800 bucks is not too shabby.... no accidents, no drops, etc. :naughty:

maybe it's old news.... ?

yeeee ha. :guitarist
-colin

·
Registered
2,291 Posts
Most of those car-brand bikes are shit. Even Porsche's brand of bikes are rebadged low ended bikes with DX or lower components and so-so brakes. not to mention the wheelset and hubs are completely useless hoops.

The one thing I did however notice on teh Porsche bike was the amazingly light triple clamp fork (like on that bike and every other DH/freeride kinda bike) it was seriously as light as some rigid forks. But the Porsche bikes have lower-middle class components and wheels on there, with an upper-elite pricetag.

Not to mention the frame is likely a frame by Pacific. You know, those bikes in K-Mart? Although Pacific owns GT, and several other larger branded companies that you thought were good brands, the quality control on anything but thier top end models are marginal at best. but people still buy the bike based on the brand name, and it's reputation it had, as they didn't know it was bought by a large conglomorate company.

Any serious kind of riding on that, and it's likely to end up in pieces.

<---Avid MTBer, sponsored by Michelin, New Blance, and Chris King just to name a few. Don't buy it, unless you just want to put around the neighborhood or use it as decoration.

·
Not very lucky..
1,431 Posts
oicdn said:
Any serious kind of riding on that, and it's likely to end up in pieces.
I agree, any time you see a bike that comes with flat pedals like that you know that you are dealing with a low end bike... :loser: ....only good for riding around the block! I wouln't buy that bike for $100 dollars....well maybe $75 just becuase it says MV Agusta. :stickpoke

·
Registered
2,291 Posts
Flat pedals doesn't neccesarily mean "cheap". My flat Pedals are $90 for a set.

http://www.myspace.com/oicdn

The bikes I ride on use flat pedals, and those are $1500+ bikes

As seen here:

http://www.trialsinusa.com/sell/frames/fframe.htm

And those are "oem". Yeah they have alot of the parts that most all bikes use for trials when doing a custom build, but it gives you an idea of the cost when you buy a bike complete vs. a build. And we all know buying complete is cheaper than building it piece by piece in most cases.

But yeah, most of the time, flat pedals + $$ price tagged unknown bike = rip-off

*edit* Looking at it closely...that's a shit bike. It has a crappy looking chain-ring gaurd. Pretty standard cheapo cranks, and crappy model disc brakes which are probably Promax brakes. You can stop better by whistling into the air.

The rear derailleur looks like a Low model SRAM. Sram is good stuff, but thier low end parts are junk. I'm guessing it's SRAM by the twist grips on the bars, but shimano does make trist grip shifters, bu even so, it's low end stuff.

But the easiest give-away to it being a cheapo bike? It's a single pivot rear suspension. I.e. only has ONE pivot point, and bobs when you pedal. Unlike your higher end bikes having 4-bar suspension.

Common example of 4-bar suspension...which can, in cliff notes version, "tell the difference" between pedaling and an actual bump:

·
Not very lucky..
1,431 Posts
oicdn said:
Flat pedals doesn't neccesarily mean "cheap". My flat Pedals are $90 for a set.

http://www.myspace.com/oicdn

The bikes I ride on use flat pedals, and those are $1500+ bikes

As seen here:

http://www.trialsinusa.com/sell/frames/fframe.htm

And those are "oem". Yeah they have alot of the parts that most all bikes use for trials when doing a custom build, but it gives you an idea of the cost when you buy a bike complete vs. a build. And we all know buying complete is cheaper than building it piece by piece in most cases.

But yeah, most of the time, flat pedals + $$ price tagged unknown bike = rip-off

*edit* Looking at it closely...that's a shit bike. It has a crappy looking chain-ring gaurd. Pretty standard cheapo cranks, and crappy model disc brakes which are probably Promax brakes. You can stop better by whistling into the air.

The rear derailleur looks like a Low model SRAM. Sram is good stuff, but thier low end parts are junk. I'm guessing it's SRAM by the twist grips on the bars, but shimano does make trist grip shifters, bu even so, it's low end stuff.

But the easiest give-away to it being a cheapo bike? It's a single pivot rear suspension. I.e. only has ONE pivot point, and bobs when you pedal. Unlike your higher end bikes having 4-bar suspension.

Common example of 4-bar suspension...which can, in cliff notes version, "tell the difference" between pedaling and an actual bump:

Wasn't thinking about trials bikes, to tell you the truth, just thinking of upper end mt. bikes and road bikes that don't even come with pedals when they are new. :cry: :mad: :cry: :mad: :cry: Maybe this is one MV that you can really have in your living room and not use!

·
The Dude
5,041 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks for the info oicdn.... Before I look to buy a bike I'm gonna run it through you first! :conveyer:

They don't have it at the MV dealer. Maybe some random cagiva dealer has it. Will attempt to order the catalog when I can figure out how to fill out the form... just for fun.

maybe I'll just pick up the MV umbrella.... Rainy season is almost here!!! :)

:smoking:

-colin

·
Ambassador / 007 , , Waiting for new bike
6,135 Posts

·
The Dude
5,041 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
pigiolino said:
Never seen before....
It is a chinese creation??? :stickpoke
not a bad guess..... I can't find any info via google. will do some local research and see what I can find out. It would look nice in my living room though! :naughty:

1 - 20 of 20 Posts