MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
307 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
new here.

helo MV people. :wave: m new here. sorry but off topic. i decided to buy F4 b4 d end of 2007. ds wud be my first superbike. i owned 8 honda :moped: - 100cc to 155cc (full race modified - street hehehe - dats illegal sorry). sold 6 & own new 2 nw. history n knowing MV - bak 4 years ago wn i ws on my way to grad skul, dat bike stop beside me - cagiva raptor :mouthwate . i searched it on the web & found it w/ MV & Husky. maharlika is my other username but i might not use it anymore bcoz i 4gt d password :banghead: :banghead: :yo: .

MY QUESTION:
is it ok 4 a newby like me to own a hyper-sportbike w/o any experience riding any superbikes? tnx 4 ur help.

PS. never know where to contact dealer near to me. m living hr n d philippines. plan to buy (1) F4 for myself & (1) 2008 Brutale 600/750 (if its available) for my GF (getting merid december). tnx alot. more power & God bles

·
Registered
2,839 Posts
Welcome to the forum...Your question really depends on your skill level and how sensible you are...that is a big jump to the MV from what you have been on. I would suggest before you purchase the MV you get some time on a smaller sportsbike like a 600 which is still very fast compared to what you have been riding.

It's not out of the question for you to go straight to the MV if you believe you have the skills but you would need to take things very slowly for some time if you were to go down this path....same goes for the 600.

·
Registered
2,382 Posts
I see no problem purchasing an MV. But as Rockethouse has stated, whats your skill level. How long have you been riding etc. Always, always, always respect the power you are sitting on. And PLEASE remember this, better to eat humble pie than hospital food! Get to know the bike. Take it nice and easy and build a relationship with your machine. These are VERY fast motorcycles, be mindful of that!

·
Registered
307 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
tnx rockethouse. nicensleazy, im only 29 nw but i ride for almost 14 yirs on moped but full race modified for street race (dont call a police, please!!! & my parents ddnt knw dat). tnx for all of ur advices. ur all nice.but my passion to MV esp. to F4CC & SPR, wow! amazing bikes! maybe i'll take time riding this bike if i hv one soon. i rode also Yamaha 2006 R6 for a week (borrowed my cousins bike wen his off the country - korea for business trips). weyt! is there someone know how many F4CC's are available? or is SOLD OUT? tnx

·
Registered
307 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
sorry, i 4gt to write on my first post that i rode R6. maybe m nt interested on R6.

·
Registered
2,839 Posts
There are plenty of F4CC's still available (at US$120,000 I think they will be available for some time to come) but I would buy the Ducati Desmosedici any day of the week over the F4CC...and you would still have enough money left over to buy yourself an MV F4 312R :f4:

·
Registered
5,193 Posts
Rockethouse said:
There are plenty of F4CC's still available (at US$120,000 I think they will be available for some time to come) but I would buy the Ducati Desmosedici any day of the week over the F4CC...and you would still have enough money left over to buy yourself an MV F4 312R :f4:
+1, but with the £40,000 pounds that would still be in my pocket from buying the Desmocedici I would buy a year old RS4 :) or maybe a brand new 3.2 TT AND a 312R..

·
Registered
1,536 Posts
Welcome.....
Please note Forum Rules Section 62.5.2 New members are limited to 1 (one) Smilie per post. Additional Smilie priviliges will be granted in the amount of one for every 250 posts.

YOU SIR have broken the rules. 5 extra Smilies @ 25$ per = $125. I do take paypal.

·
Registered
3,438 Posts
The F4CC is no big deal. I would take the Desmo any day over that. But my 2 cents go for the F4 of your dream, but really as someone already aptly put it...to eat the humble pie is better than eating hospital food provided you have the capability still to eat the food.

Respect the power...on any 1000cc bike. And you will stay alive. Heck a 600 cc tbh is way more powerful than I can handle. But you have been riding much longer than I have so I am sure you will be a good rider. Good luck with whatever you go with. Welcome to one of the best forums out there.

·
Registered
307 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
tnx sir suryard. yes i believe this is the best forum iv visited. bak 2 the F4, wen i first saw pix of SENNA on the web, my GF says " that would be the one!" so she read to me ayrton senna's biography. and she added, " take it bcos it has a good purpose not for u alone but to help that foundation. AND DONT buy that CC (we saw $70,000 by 3X). it cost to much. just buy the senna & get me one Brutale 600 (2008 model if produced)." now shes talking like me. i suddenly influenced here loving MV. but my lust for F4CC is there. i should pray more & God, i know will help what bike really is for me

·
Registered
307 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
and sir, i like d16rr but its a mass production 400 bikes a year. i prefer limited production bikes not just to show off but to ride it. i'll take 1098-s tricolore for that bcos of its single sided swingarm. i also searching for 2008 MOndial Piega Ziletti w/ honda twin engine or rumors that they build their own mondial engine (if i hve one, i'll change the swingarm into single-sided swingarm).

you know what? m excited that my wedding day is near but what really excites me is to ride the most beautiful bike ever created by human on this planet. i love u MV!!!

·
Registered
5,387 Posts
Mabuhay said:
and sir, i like d16rr but its a mass production 400 bikes a year. i prefer limited production bikes not just to show off but to ride it. i'll take 1098-s tricolore for that bcos of its single sided swingarm. i also searching for 2008 MOndial Piega Ziletti w/ honda twin engine or rumors that they build their own mondial engine (if i hve one, i'll change the swingarm into single-sided swingarm).

you know what? m excited that my wedding day is near but what really excites me is to ride the most beautiful bike ever created by human on this planet. i love u MV!!!
Welcome Mabuhay.
Hope you get your MV's soon and maybe you and your GF can even take them to the wedding :laughing:

From what you're saying there i think you won't have that much of a problem riding an F4 as long as you take it easy and respect it's power, but seriously.... buying a C.C. as your first sportbike is... well you know.... kind of stupid (don't mean to offend you, of course :) )

I'm also with Rockethouse and Mike, i'd buy the D16RR over the C.C. and keep the "change" :D , but to each his own.

But please don't even try to compare the D16RR with a 1098TC :jerkoff: and saying you'd rather get the 1098 because it has a SSSA (Single Sided Swing Arm), because we'll thing that you're either joking or you don't know anything about these bikes.

There were some Mondial Piega's for sale in Italy but not 2008 of course.
As far as i know Mondial stopped producing the Piega's some years ago.

·
Registered
8,867 Posts
lewdog998 said:
Welcome.....
Please note Forum Rules Section 62.5.2 New members are limited to 1 (one) Smilie per post. Additional Smilie priviliges will be granted in the amount of one for every 250 posts.

YOU SIR have broken the rules. 5 extra Smilies @ 25$ per = $125. I do take paypal.
The fact that you take paypal is not necessary information. I take paypal :)

·
Registered
3,438 Posts
Mabuhay said:
tnx sir suryard. yes i believe this is the best forum iv visited. bak 2 the F4, wen i first saw pix of SENNA on the web, my GF says " that would be the one!" so she read to me ayrton senna's biography. and she added, " take it bcos it has a good purpose not for u alone but to help that foundation. AND DONT buy that CC (we saw $70,000 by 3X). it cost to much. just buy the senna & get me one Brutale 600 (2008 model if produced)." now shes talking like me. i suddenly influenced here loving MV. but my lust for F4CC is there. i should pray more & God, i know will help what bike really is for me
Hey good luck with the wedding. Should be an exciting time. I have the Senna myself. #148. Gorgeous bike. To me it is hotter than even the F4CC. The F4CC looks like it is trying a bit too hard. Anyway I am going to be replacing all the body panels on my Senna with carbon fiber and having them painted so they look like the Senna. But that is a bit into the future. Sometime Jan next year I hope.

The CC has a 200 hp big bore kit so I dont have to remind you that is a crap load of power. Also it is verrry very expensive. As a financial proposition I would take the Ducati Desmo RR anyday over it because it is cheaper and secondly because if you are looking for the ultimate bike the Desmo is it. Its a motogp bike built for the road with mirrors and lights. THats pretty much it. If you have the money and the roads/tracks to ride it in, Desmo is the way to go.

·
Registered
307 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
good morning!!! tnx for all ur concerns & advices. i'll visit the nearest ducati dealer in our place to testdrive 1098s (only if they allow me). and ask them 2 if i cn order to them MV Bike 2. yes, SENNA is much gorgeous looking bike. thats the first one my GF wnt to. i'll do searching & m trying to find MV Owners here n MAnila, Philippines to do a testdrive to. i hv found out in the Members Lists that there is 1 member here & he.she knw other 4 others that owned MV's 2 (but not registered in this forum). tnx so much. more power. god bless

·
Registered
17,189 Posts
lewdog998 said:
Welcome.....

Mabuhay: You'll find that we are an opinionated bunch, that rarely agrees on much of anything. That being said, I agree with lewdoggie about the Smilies, with one exception. Forum Rules Section 62.5.2 actually requires that you submit $125 to each member of the forum for your transgression....:stickpoke I don't take paypal, please send cash. This guy named 'Admin' might disagree, but you don't need to pay him any attention. :naughty:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts