MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,198 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anybody confirm as to how many official MV dealers there are in the UK, I'm aware of four, which are situated in Barnsley, London, Salisbury and Silverstone

·
Registered
1,511 Posts
There are more than that..................but

Can anybody confirm as to how many official MV dealers there are in the UK, I'm aware of four, which are situated in Barnsley, London, Salisbury and Silverstone
Bruce,
There are more official MV dealers than just those, see the website to check them out, however how many of those listed are what I would regard as real MV enthusiasts with sufficient knowledge and skills to look after your bike I am afraid you are imho restricted to a few select dealerships.

I have dealt with a few and that so far has been a mixed experience, pm me if you have a specific question.

jimboF4

·
Registered
1,198 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
JimboF4
No problem, it was just a matter of interest as to how many dealers there are.
MV website indicate only five in England, although I understand their is as what is known as satellite dealers, who ever they may be.

·
Registered
2,213 Posts
5? Which website are you looking at? If you go on MV's official site they list 10 dealers and a further 2 service workshops.

I shall be shopping around come my bikes next service, either an alternative MV dealer or a good independent?

·
Registered
2,213 Posts
http://www.mvagusta.it/en/

If your going on mvagusta.co.uk then that site is owned by MotoGB who are no longer the UK importer for MV or official dealers for that matter. I think the split was more than a little acrimonious hence they won't let MV have the web address and lots of people are duped into thinking they are the only dealer. If I had a pound for the number of people who say to me "I wouldn't buy an MV because the dealers are all 300 miles away"

·
Registered
38 Posts
I just went to see Thor Motorcycles at Liskeard in Cornwall, they are relatively new dealers but seemed very enthusiastic. They have a large showroom and stock a variety of manufacturers machines and is all very clean and tidy. I needed some minor parts for my 2002 F4 750 and they came up trumps. The lady who served me was really helpful and knew her parts inventory very well.

I get the feeling they are a family business and have been working with Italian bikes for some time as well as others and from what was said the owner is really into MV.

He gave me quite a lot of background on MV in the UK and the problems that have been over the years. He also explained that whenever a bike goes into them the first thing they do is connect it to the computers to check out the history with the factory. He further explained that not all bikes in the past have been correctly registered with the factory so that many may have missed the recalls that have been issued, this means once they have the bike registered they can carry out any recalls before commencing other work to ensure the bike is up to date. He also spoke about previous work that had been charged for by dealers that probably had not been carried out fully and cited tappets, where it was evident the top had not come off and wide ranging gaps on some engines, how true is not known but he seemed genuine when explaining.

Certainly I got the impression that they knew what they were doing and because of the owners inclination towards MV he wanted to ensure that provide the correct level of service.

Although I have not had work done there as yet I felt confident enough to give them a try when I next need a service. They are a little way out of town in a rural setting but worth a visit to have a look around their big new workshop and showroom that contains probably 60 bikes including a number of competition manufacturers bikes.

Their website is http://www.thormotorcycles.co.uk/index.php?cmd=shop

1 - 10 of 10 Posts