MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
291 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Now let me first state up front this is not my first time ordering OEM parts from MV. I'm well versed in the typical times to receive my product.

With that said I still have a couple of small parts backordered through StarTwin which was ordered at the beginning of May. I might expect a longer fulfillment if I was ordered some very specialized engine component or something, but that's just it; these aren't what I would consider parts that would fall in that category. I could probably do without one of these items, but 2 other parts are simply M6 bolts and a small o-ring.

I even called MV directly and spoke with Jay and he indicated that they are still backordered on the part numbers I gave him. This is not a rant against StarTwin, just MV in general. Just felt like venting a little.

·
Registered
9,955 Posts
Why don't you guys cast the net a little further and put a post in the Parts wanted section ?

You never know who in the membership has what tucked away in the garage..

Joe

·
Registered
517 Posts
Now let me first state up front this is not my first time ordering OEM parts from MV. I'm well versed in the typical times to receive my product.

With that said I still have a couple of small parts backordered through StarTwin which was ordered at the beginning of May. I might expect a longer fulfillment if I was ordered some very specialized engine component or something, but that's just it; these aren't what I would consider parts that would fall in that category. I could probably do without one of these items, but 2 other parts are simply M6 bolts and a small o-ring.

I even called MV directly and spoke with Jay and he indicated that they are still backordered on the part numbers I gave him. This is not a rant against StarTwin, just MV in general. Just felt like venting a little.
Which bolts?

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

·
Registered
404 Posts
Been waiting for a FBW throttle since May 2nd. Alex A is sending me one of his race spares so I can actually ride the F3 this year.

The main reasons there are no spares is MV hasn't paid suppliers, they are using everything they can get to build new machines, or a combination of both. Years ago this happened at Aprilia and even longer back it happened at Ducati. They can say whatever they like, those are the only major reasons that the suppliers and the manufacturer don't ship parts. Just about everything else can be worked out quickly enough.

·
Registered
85 Posts
they really need to figure this parts thing out. waited 3 months on a radiator, now I'm waiting on a tank. all warranty work. Owned the bike 10 months and had spent 5 months in the garage waiting on parts.

·
Registered
291 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Can anyone recommend a good aftermarket retailer for just bolts? Just in some searching like on Amazon, finding an M6 bolt is easy enough, but of course finding the right length and type of head is a challenge.

·
Super Moderator
22,312 Posts
I've used Racebolt UK with good results.

·
Registered
291 Posts
Discussion Starter #16

·
Registered
517 Posts
Can anyone recommend a good aftermarket retailer for just bolts? Just in some searching like on Amazon, finding an M6 bolt is easy enough, but of course finding the right length and type of head is a challenge.
Sorry Spark I've been out for a bit with no internet. Are you able to post a photo where the bolts are? I have pretty good access to various types of hardware

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

1 - 17 of 17 Posts