MV Agusta Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
351 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Started up the first time and it was in sport mode. Figured I would switch it to regular mode using the starter button, but no dice, it just quit running when I held in the starter button.

I am using the supplied stock flash on this MV supplied Microtec m226, didn't change anything on it.

Anyone else running one and notice a similar problem?

Might just take it off an sell it and stay with the OEM ECU if it keeps giving me issues.

·
Old Wing Nut
23,290 Posts
Have you connected it to the software that came with it? I have one in my 910R and the originally loaded map was way off on fueling. Had to make big changes to get it to run properly.

·
Registered
3,182 Posts
Are you guys talking about the red or black one?

·
Registered
351 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
Mine is a black one. The one sold by MV Agusta, so it isn't a full feature M226 from Microtec.

I did connect it to the software. It seems to be running ok? It starts and idles and ran great on the shakedown.

I loaded the default map for the B5 2010 990R. Modified the rear wheel circumference to match my measurements, 2024 instead of 2048.

Still doesn't switch maps between standard and sport. Just dies when I hold in the button to switch maps. <shrug>

Another problem (maybe?) is the Speedo isn't matching the ECU monitor page velocity reading. The ECU Monitor page shows a calculated speed, but what shows on the dash isn't matching that. I am not sure if this is ok, as it isn't explained in the manual.

E.g. M226 software shows 30 for velocity dashboard shows 15 mph. But at least the speed increases with the wheel speed on both the monitor and the dash. ECU shows 63 dash shows 42mph.

I will have to go out and test ride to see if the speedo is working. EDIT: tested and dash speed shown is working and correct according to my GPS speed vs dashboard. Its a couple mph off, so maybe I need to change the wheel circumference a little. Not quite sure what the Monitor page in the software is showing then.

·
Registered
351 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
Well took the bike to work this morning on the surface streets. She starts right up and idles great. She's very happy with the valve adjustment work.

Then I took the highway back home and let her stretch her legs a little and yeah, she is running great now. Super smooth and eager to run.

I don't mind the lack of dual mode, seems like it is just in SPORT, but it is very smooth. The only thing I have noticed now that is bugging me a little is how jumpy the speedometer is. It's jumping around a few mph when I am at a steady speed. I think this is adjustable with the averaging setting on the parameters page. I also need to adjust the circumference measurement, its a tad off on mph vs GPS speed.

EDIT: ok guess there is NOT a setting for averaging the speedometer readings to smooth out the dash updates from being so jumpy...

Rectangle Yellow Font Screenshot Parallel

Guess I will live with it after the mph fine tuning with wheel circum.

·
Super Moderator
24,733 Posts
Sometimes a dirty or corroded dashboard connection leads to the jumpy speed indication. I'd recommend giving that a clean.

Reactions: falcn

·
Registered
351 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I'll check, but it wasn't doing this with the stock ECU. It very much seems like a time averaging function based on my experience trying to write programs that calculate speed from PPR sources in machine automation. 🤓

The dash connection wasn't undone, nor the wheel speed sensor. Just the ECU plugs were pulled and put onto the new ECU when swapped.

But if no one else with a Microtec has this experience then it must (could) be something on my bike alone like a dirty connector.

·
Registered
351 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Ahhhhhhh. The 💡 went off this morning. The new connector in the middle that is provided that had the programming cable connection also has a MAP SELECT reference pin. The map mode is no longer controlled by the start button. 🤓
Rectangle Font Material property Parallel Slope

There is also pin 4, Vel_pos switch. Huh. Why would you need to switch the source of your speedo signal?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts