MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Cyber SPOTTER
6,101 Posts
Understatement

Nice Sound? More like intoxicating - I could listen to those things til the cows came home or I went deaf - which would probably come first :laughing:

Absolute Magical sound. Thanks for posting :)

·
Registered
181 Posts
Nice Sound? More like intoxicating - I could listen to those things til the cows came home or I went deaf - which would probably come first :laughing:

Rob you might be interested in these audio recordings. My dad use to get the original vinyl releases every year, I grew up listening to these. If fact my kids were asking me what wanted for my upcoming birthday now I know.

http://www.dukevideo.com/Search?q=Sound+stories+&restrict=&start=0

·
Cyber SPOTTER
6,101 Posts
Rob you might be interested in these audio recordings. My dad use to get the original vinyl releases every year, I grew up listening to these. If fact my kids were asking me what wanted for my upcoming birthday now I know.

http://www.dukevideo.com/Search?q=Sound+stories+&restrict=&start=0
"Now I know" outstanding choice Bev :yo: and happy birthday in advance :)

OMG - how cool would that be to still have the original annual vinyl pressings? I have mint 'entertainment centre' from the 60's in the big polished teak cabinet, comprising record player, am/fm radio & PA system with microphone, I guess pre-cursor to karaoke? :laughing: the thing still has the original price tag $795 which back would have bought a parcel of land in some areas over here - when we bought this house 17 years ago, the former owners couldn't be bothered moving it and asked if it was OK to leave it behind - I think you've guessed the answer :naughty: My goodness imagine playing those vinyl recording of your dad on that? :)

Think I am lost in the prospect of all that............... :mouthwate:mouthwate:mouthwate

·
Registered
220 Posts

·
Registered
923 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)

That one with Phil Read is the 4 cylinder 500?
This is the MV sound I love, the 3 cylinder with it's harsh spitting bark(that and the 6 cylinder).
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ch_Mwsg17HI

But if I had the money I would pay this chap to build me one of his bikes, a 300cc 6 cylinder, turn the volume up on this baby:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QBHUdTZV8fU

·
Cyber SPOTTER
6,101 Posts
Thanks Rob it's the 16th of June you'll know the significance of that date.
Indeed I do! He turns 72 on that day - same birthday as the great man :smoking: I am truly jealous :)

I've just picked up a vinyl backdrop that's about 2.4metres by 3.5 metres of him riding in a GP in his hey day it is black & white - it's huge, hopefully it will adorn the back wall of my of MV shrine once the alterations are complete :) Now I'll think of you as well -lol

·
2,155 Posts
"Now I know" outstanding choice Bev :yo: and happy birthday in advance :)

OMG - how cool would that be to still have the original annual vinyl pressings? I have mint 'entertainment centre' from the 60's in the big polished teak cabinet, comprising record player, am/fm radio & PA system with microphone, I guess pre-cursor to karaoke? :laughing: the thing still has the original price tag $795 which back would have bought a parcel of land in some areas over here - when we bought this house 17 years ago, the former owners couldn't be bothered moving it and asked if it was OK to leave it behind - I think you've guessed the answer :naughty: My goodness imagine playing those vinyl recording of your dad on that? :)

Think I am lost in the prospect of all that............... :mouthwate:mouthwate:mouthwate
R, just recently inherited my Dads complete 60 year vinyl collection (he taught music all his life) including classic and contemporary however icing on the cake was :drummer::drummer:jsm::jsm: Connoisseur turntable with grace moving coil tone arm / cartridge and relevant attachments including diamond tip stylist :wtf::wtf::wtf::wtf: cant wait to hook it all up and bang on a mint condition White Album :jsm::jsm::jsm:and...... whilst we are on the old school stereo trail.................also inherited a Nackamichi Tri tracer and Luxman L80 V amp:guitarist:guitarist:guitarist:guitarist:guitaristamp:jsm::jsm::jsm:

·
Cyber SPOTTER
6,101 Posts
R, just recently inherited my Dads complete 60 year vinyl collection (he taught music all his life) including classic and contemporary however icing on the cake was :drummer::drummer:jsm::jsm: Connoisseur turntable with grace moving coil tone arm / cartridge and relevant attachments including diamond tip stylist :wtf::wtf::wtf::wtf: cant wait to hook it all up and bang on a mint condition White Album :jsm::jsm::jsm:and...... whilst we are on the old school stereo trail.................also inherited a Nackamichi Tri tracer and Luxman L80 V amp:guitarist:guitarist:guitarist:guitarist:guitaristamp:jsm::jsm::jsm:
Hi J, Long time no 'see' - sorry to hear about your Dad's passing and please accept my belated condolences.

I am sure he'd very happy to know his treasured items are being appreciated, that's always lovely - careful with that diamond tipped stylus - so hard to replace these days. I bet it must awesome listening to it and brings back some cherished memories :)

All the best mate - hope to catch at some event in the not too distant future?

Cheers
Rob

·
Registered
2,213 Posts
What's amazing about all the old on bike footage is not the bike, the rider or the sound, it's the size of the GoPro's back then :laughing:
ImageUploadedByMotorcycle1400137362.588905.jpg

1 - 16 of 16 Posts