MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
1,049 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok I have some news from our Motorcycle news down here.

The 675 triple looks like it is real, and will be to enter WSS

The Cagiva Mito with a Husqvarna engine as a super mono, will now get a MV designed super mono engine, measuring just over 500cc and putting out 80hp and will be a special DOHC engine. It will be restyled and will sell under the MV brand.

It does not look like MV will go to WSBK in 2008. In stead the factory will prepare and support directly a number of domestic superstock riders (such as Curtain in Australia, and Martin Finnegan in Ireland and UK ) . MV will factory back two rider team for the 2008 Superstock World Cup.

Future Cagiva models (NOT MV's) will be manufactured out of Italy with Kinetic in India, and some models will have the Hyosung engine rather than the Suzuki one now.

So expect a 675 triple, a 500 supermono and a further racing incarnation of the 312R. Also the Brutales will be have larger engines.

Expect all this at EIMCA in Milan in November.

·
The Dude
5,041 Posts
cool man.

How does news come out in Oz first (or so it usually seems?). I mean, that's like on the opposite side of the world?

mysteries....soooo many mysteries.... :) :)

·
Registered
276 Posts
I will go to EICMA MILAN next 9th november.

I will keep you informed about any kind of news there. Be sure.

Hopefuly MV have something amazing ready.

·
Registered
1,018 Posts
Finally some manufacturer looks toward the much neglected smaller displacement market, not all of us want the 1000 or more CCs...

·
King of the Sink
1,571 Posts
TokyoLunch said:
cool man.

How does news come out in Oz first (or so it usually seems?). I mean, that's like on the opposite side of the world?

Well - don't tell anyone, but we're actually the centre of the universe... :)

·
Registered
5,387 Posts
Those are grat news :yo: :yo:

I do hope the 675 triple will be presented in November.
Any news about when it will be out there for the public? :f4: :drummer:

Ah, and thanks for sharing the news :friday:

·
Registered
1,321 Posts
well if mv wanna win wsstk next year they need to put the 312 on a diet and make the clutch usable for racing that would give them a chance

·
Registered
774 Posts
As I see, it's talking more and more about a 3 cylinders 675 for MV.
Well, let's wait for EICMA.
I planed to buy a Triumph 675 Daytona next year as a track bike, but.. I'll wait.
If MV 675 becomes a reality, my choise will probably, no, certainly, change ! :mouthwate

I can't wait !!

·
Registered
3,438 Posts
Yeah no kidding that 675 cc triple seems like a sweet spot to have a bike in terms of capacity and power and flickability. I read that it was going to be 2009 before they launched it though....

·
Registered
5,387 Posts
devilboy said:
well if mv wanna win wsstk next year they need to put the 312 on a diet and make the clutch usable for racing that would give them a chance
MV is not that interested in the F4 anymore.
Sure they wanna do good next year, but they're focusing on the up coming new bike (F5 ?) for 2009.

·
Registered
17,189 Posts
TokyoLunch said:
cool man.

Those Aussies are just makin that shite up, knowing us gullible 'Mericans will bite on just about anything....:)

·
Administrator
20,395 Posts
675 triple news was published in Cycle News quite a few weeks ago. I posted a link to the article by Alan Cathcart.

·
Registered
1,937 Posts
TokyoLunch said:
cool man.

Now now Colin ... lets not start one of those debates! :stopp:

OZ rules !!! :jsm: ... sorry,sorry fingers slipped on the keyboard. :laughing:

·
Registered
5,193 Posts
Ozboy said:
Now now Colin ... lets not start one of those debates! :stopp:

OZ rules !!! :jsm: ... sorry,sorry fingers slipped on the keyboard. :laughing:
Except for maybe Rugby :stickpoke :laughing: :laughing:

·
Registered
1,756 Posts
mikef4uk said:
Except for maybe Rugby :stickpoke :laughing: :laughing:
oh what fun was had watching a couple of aussies be forced to watch the england rugby match at the weekend.

it didn't help that this was in the middle of brands hatch and almost evryone was slightly drunk.

amazingly they had no interest in the rugby that day:laughing: ;)

·
Registered
2,839 Posts
X81 said:
oh what fun was had watching a couple of aussies be forced to watch the england rugby match at the weekend.

it didn't help that this was in the middle of brands hatch and almost evryone was slightly drunk.

amazingly they had no interest in the rugby that day:laughing: ;)
I watched that game :nutkick: ...congrats to England (they deserved it) for beating Australia once more in a sporting event....but the question is are you going to have another public holiday to celebrate it :stickpoke :naughty:

1 - 20 of 34 Posts