MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
328 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Why do we never include Benelli and Bimota in conversations about awesome exclusive Italian bikes? I feel like we're always talking about how much nicer and more exclusive the MV is compared to the Ducs, but never the Bimotas or Benellis.

If I EVER saw a Tesi on the street, I can tell you I would stop looking at any MVs in the area. There's got to be more MV out there than Tesis or Tornadoes.

·
Registered
8,859 Posts
It isn't always about being exclusive. It also is because MVs look great! For sure there has been discussion about Bimota. Benelli's are very rare, mainly because they DID go under a bit ago, but now are run under new owners (Asian company?)

I wouldn't mind it if Benelli got their marketing together and started reaching out more (like in the states, etc).

·
Registered
395 Posts
I saw a Tesi and a Delerio on east 65th street a couple of weeks ago - one was being riden by Shane Turpin - they are absolutely beautiful pieces of kenetic art, but the engine is nothing to write home about when compared to my Brute.

·
The Dude
5,041 Posts
Yeah, the moto corse DB5 is really nice.... i see it at the shop every time i go. not sure when somebody will pony up to actually buy one.

Tornadoes look really good as well. but i can't imagine trying to get one fixed if it ever needed something done to it....!!

·
Registered
1,049 Posts
Yes you raise a good point. But as previously said it is not completely about being exclusive. I personally am an admirer or Mr Tamburini's work. I guess you know the "TA" in BIMOTA" is for Tamburini?.
The original Bimotas are still beautiful works of engineering.
The current ones are a bit too avant garde for my tastes, and keep running fairly agricultural engines. I wish them well, but they really need better engines now.
As for Bennelli, I just never got into the whole triple thing. I actually think they look a bit weird.
So in short, yes they are exclusive, I just prefer the MV CRC designs, which is why I have one.
Gotta love the Italians, I hope they keep producing such innovative manufacturers.

·
Registered
4,473 Posts
It's kind of like talking about Ferraris and Lamborginis as opposed to TVR or Spyker. They're exclusive but a bit too far out of the box. :)

Personally, I've never thought much of Bimota mostly because they were just to weird/ugly for my taste -not to mention they been in business and out of business so many times, I'm not ever sure if they're still around.

Benelli would have been very popular in America if the Tre actually made it to the states. Pity things with the distributor fell apart.

·
Registered
276 Posts
The best commitment between beauty, exclusivity and quality is MV.

Bimota doesn´t look so great as MV and Benelli forget it.

·
Registered
240 Posts
pigiolino said:
No interesting bike Benelli here in Italy!
Difficult to sell.
Bimota ok,but very expensive!
I think the best is MV.
pier
Pier, I agree with you.
Benelli, the completions are very bad, incomparable with MV.
Bimota is very good but the engines are a little light level power for as much of money. I prefer Vyrus http://www.vyrus.it/ It's like Bimota but with a big motor.

MV, n° 1 !!!

·
Registered
796 Posts
i love that bimota delirio,they ve really made an efffort with that bike and it shows.from the sculptured carbon fiber parts to the swing arm.too bad that that engine sucks.they should have put a more potent engine on that.but it is still a gorgeus looking machine and i guess that you can find someone to work on upgrading it s power.

what i really like is that all carbon fiber mondial piega.from the reviews i ve read it is quite a good machine and it had a good future ahead of it in racing,too bad that it's management did not pay interest in it and soon it went out of bussiness

but what about moto morini corsaro. how do they perform,i ve heard that they sell pretty well in italy.i hope some italian guys from this forum can tell me more about it.my local ducati/moto guzzi dealer is also a moto morini dealer,but they don t have any show bikes,.the price is also pretty good for what it is(it boasts 140 bhp and is very light).it s 11000 euros with taxes.. that s around 14000 $$$ .i was thinking of buying into it but i don't know about how reliable it is(the first production year had problems with the fuel injection but they say that it s al sorted out) and my dealers are great..they offer 3 years warranty on all their machines regarding the manufacturers waranty of 2 years

·
Registered
150 Posts
allias86 said:
but what about moto morini corsaro. how do they perform,i ve heard that they sell pretty well in italy.i hope some italian guys from this forum can tell me more about it.my local ducati/moto guzzi dealer is also a moto morini dealer,but they don t have any show bikes,.the price is also pretty good for what it is(it boasts 140 bhp and is very light).it s 11000 euros with taxes.. that s around 14000 $$$ .i was thinking of buying into it but i don't know about how reliable it is(the first production year had problems with the fuel injection but they say that it s al sorted out) and my dealers are great..they offer 3 years warranty on all their machines regarding the manufacturers waranty of 2 years
Well. AFAIK the problem with FI and electronics are still there as in 1st series. The bike is really good (torque simply unbelievable) but is sold with that problem and each customer must call for replacement at his dealer after purchase since Moto Morini doesn't want (write doesn't want, read cannot afford) to retire each single bike and hasn't enough new CPUs to put on new production, so they still use older electronics and wait for replacement for each bike actually sold only.
This makes me think a lot... (and no good thougths)

·
Registered
150 Posts
psperl said:
Why do we never include Benelli and Bimota in conversations about awesome exclusive Italian bikes? I feel like we're always talking about how much nicer and more exclusive the MV is compared to the Ducs, but never the Bimotas or Benellis.

If I EVER saw a Tesi on the street, I can tell you I would stop looking at any MVs in the area. There's got to be more MV out there than Tesis or Tornadoes.
Tornado IMVHO is no way to be compared to MV... Nice look and desig, ok, but assembly quality is poor, the clutch is really a shame (In 4 hours when I tested Tornado Tre I could find neutral just once and each time slipper clutch was engaged the lever struck quite heavily my hand and left me with a hurting hand) and despite a very good torque and power distribution the engine lacks in pike performances.

Quite better the TnT even though clutch is still a shame (better than Tornado, indeed), that kind of engine fits much better on a naked and you don't feel that something (power or grip) is not enough.

The new Tre-K is amazingly nice but I never rode it.

The trouble with Benelli is spare parts availability and repair time in case of break-down. Dealers are quite rare even here in Italy, but at least the new chinese owner (Qianjiang Motors) seems to believe in Benelli and was the Qianjiang president himself pushing for the new dirt-track and bi-cylinder naked and forcing engineers to have them ready for Milan EICMA show last november. The situation is still very uncertain and just few Italian bikers were brave enough to buy Benelli, anyone feels instability as the main distinctive mark of Benelli by now.

Bimota... well, great bikes as design, details, assembly, suspensions and frame, carbon fiber and light alloys everywhere... but the engine! How can I really convince myself to pay more than I payed for my F4-R for a bike built around an old Ducati 2 valve air cooled that was basically planned when Agostini still won races on MV bikes! :wtf:

·
Registered
403 Posts
I like most of the Italian bikes. MV is head and shoulders above the rest, MV makes everything else look bad in comparison....and performance...no doubt about it...MV's rule. I have a couple of Ducs and I really like them alot. I LOVE my Brutale. Sometimes, I catch myself goint into the garage just to look at it. When I ride it, I feel like this must be what Heaven is like.

·
Registered
205 Posts
Back in the mid '80s I was a big fan of Bimota. I couldn't afford one at the time, but I did take a day trip just to see one. It was a beautiful machine. As far as the present day bike goes, the older Ducati engines aren't such a detraction from me. I could live with the simplicity and lightness of an air cooled engine.

I saw a new DB6 at the DC bike show and I was surprised by how much better the fit and finish of the MV was over the Bimota. I kept going back and forth comparing the two bikes and the MV was clearly superior to my eyes. The Bimota was a $40,000 bike and wasn't finished to the standards of the $30,000 MV I was comparing it to. This was one of the things that caused me to go forward with the purchase of the MV and I feel it was a great move. No Buyer remorse.

As far as exclusivity of a production bike goes, I personally don't include bikes in the comparison if the bikes chasis and engine are from two different manufacturers. In other words, I don't consider Bimota to be a motorcycle manufacturer since they don't build their engines so much as a specialty shop which specializes in building frames. Same with Aprilia using a Rotax engine in their Mille (sp).

·
Registered
503 Posts
We have a new Benelli dealer here in Phoenix. I looked the new Cafe. Not too impressive. Compared to MV, the attention to detail is lacking. Castings appear rough, some minor fitment issues; and the Buck Rogers styling doen't work for me.

Bimota are definitely exclusive, haven't seen one in Arizona!

Tamburinin design and attention to detail makes everyone turn their head for an MV Agusta. :f4:

·
Registered
299 Posts
I love all Italian motorcycles & scooters...they are fantastic. To me MV is special because of its racing history(fantastic wins with Ago,Hailwood,Surtees,etc),how well the bike works, its beautiful design with
such fantastic details,the fact you can get parts/service for our bike,yes I
think I owe a big Thank you to Mr Castiglioni & Mr Ferracci for making the
bikes availible to us.
MV has history with racing three cyinder bikes with Ago & I would love
to see a light weight road bike in the future.
I have always love Bimota bikes-to me they are very focused designs &
beautifully executed-very clever. Benelli bikes are interesting too & yes they
have history(est in 1911-1969 250 world champs,etc). Other favorite Italian masterpieces...the Moto Guzzi V8 Grand Prix racer & yes the simple
Vespa scooter-so many great bikes have come from Italy.

·
Registered
419 Posts
:popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn:

Nice one...Please continue...
Ducati:A bit of mass production...
Benelli: Try find a part. If something is broken you through it away :jsm:
Bimota: Come on new engines please..Even though I can say that they are really light and they compsensate with great handling. Try to drive one. Amazing experience. You get what you pay.
MV Agusta: Great improvement over the past few years. From F4 750 they have gone to 1000S then the R and then the R312. Wish they were a bit cheaper. Or better delivery dates on parts.
The only think that I like in my MV is my smile after the ride. I look like a small child.

:popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn:

1 - 20 of 49 Posts