MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello folks.
Can anyone shed any light on this moped?
My dad bought it in about 1971 whilst he was working for MV Agusta (helicopter side).
I think the story was that MV built some wee 50cc replicas of a Phil Read bike, then found left-over engines and built the moped for staff.
It's been sat in our shed for almost 40 years. Has anyone seen another? Does anyone have any info about it?
Thanks.

Attachments

·
Registered
3,905 Posts
It is a 50cc Germano. This Moped was build in different versions. If I remember right was the Germano the only model in the MV Agusta history which had an engine which was not build by MV, but Franco Morini. Ah and I guess the color could be a unique Agusta - Westland paint scheme.
Well the Mini Bike had also a purchased engine. But if this was entirely build by MV Agusta is, frankly said, not aproved by any documentation.

Attachments

·
Registered
3,149 Posts
That's SERIOUSLY cool. Hang on to that! especially since it holds family history as well.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the replies gents.
The bike was bought in 1971 when my dad worked at Casina Costa, it was for my mum to use, she never did but my brother (11) and I (9) thrashed it about the by-ways of Northern Italy.

As for carbon etc, Nah, way too girly, I'll leave that for the footballer's wives of Cheshire.

·
Super Moderator
2,642 Posts
She's a minter for almost 40!!! - awesome

·
Registered
1 Posts
The Germano moped engines were not from Morini but from Zundapp, hence the name 'Germano'.

MV built a moped in the '50s as well, the Ciclomotore 48(cc). It was heavily influenced by the NSU Quickly.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts