MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Super Moderator
7,346 Posts
So the faster the sale of MV the faster operating funds are going to be available?

·
Registered
1,007 Posts
Humm that means prices of our bikes will go up;) Demand vs Supply?

That was bound to happen, as HD never belived in MV on the first place as a brand.
:f4:

·
Registered
3,904 Posts
Intersting report in deed. But as I read it does HD report production of Buell has discontinued and they try to sell MV. In their earning reports and forcast they indicate MV Agusta as "discontinued operation". And this for the last four quarters. This says nothing about the operations of the out sourced MV Agusta or that they seized production or seized at all to exist.

·
Registered
1,434 Posts
So , I'm currious , who is financing the new bikes production ??? For sure it costs a lot of money to start production of new bikes which are arriving to the showrooms in March ??? :wtf:

·
Registered
4,473 Posts
Was there an official statement saying 2010 F4s delivery will start in March or is that just want dealers have been telling us?

·
Registered
3,149 Posts
So , I'm currious , who is financing the new bikes production ??? For sure it costs a lot of money to start production of new bikes which are arriving to the showrooms in March ??? :wtf:
+1
No finance surely means no production right???

·
Registered
2,411 Posts
I have a 08 312R for sale for $30K hahaha. Discontinued means my value went up!!! You cant even buy one! Just messing Im a little well a LITTLE smarter than that. I think well in the field I'm in When Production started money is already set aside for R&D then as it goes throught the process more money is added to the pot to finalize and then the additional funds are put in when something is announced or put to the market (usually) The cost from start to finish of anything is astronomical but good money men put the money up just before its due (no sense in losing it all at once). So I would say that the absolute minimum will be made and imported or exported. Once that money is commited it can not be retracted because the wheels have turned and then bills are immediately made.

So I think a few people will see there new F4 show to them others will be delayed or maybe this is the end?

·
Registered
8,920 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I'm betting no new MVs until a new buyer funds production--HD is sinking fast and has no reason to produce bikes that sell less than 1% of their 'core' numbers.

·
Registered
4,473 Posts
Some people believed that was going to happen when the 2010 F4 was unveiled. Maybe MV didn't get enough deposits to convince HD to keep the production lines going?

·
Registered
1,332 Posts
http://www.forexpros.com/news/general-news/interview-update-1-harley-cfo-says-agusta-sale-'on-track'-114835

..... "Basically with Buell it was so highly integrated into the company's processes, into the dealer network, it's really much more of a product line than a separate company," he said.

"MV Agusta is completely opposite. It's a completely stand-alone company and much easier to sell as an ongoing entity."

Olin said the process of selling MV Augusta, announced this fall, was going well, with a banker hired and several interested parties being asked to sign nondisclosure agreements.

"We've made good progress," he said. "We're right on track (with) where we expected to be."

·
Registered
8,920 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Can't be a reliable source, they can't even spell "Agusta" :jerkoff:

·
Registered
2,411 Posts
HAHA well I am assured the new MV will be here just a matter of when. Like I said the money is already spent or bills already made. Nothing goes past the unveil milestone(or for you Finance wizzes Milestone C) if its not finacially or ready to be produced. I deal with things like this in my job everyday. The New bike is on its way. Just a matter of who will own them next. Just as the bikes didnt stop being produced when Cagiva was in the dumps and sold them to HD the only way a break in production Generally stops is when the company publicaly says the line is no longer and then they usually sell off what is already promised or built. Just like Buell Most dealers sold their remaining bikes in a matter of a couple weeks at 50% off. and the remaining ones in the factory were still shipped out to be sold.

·
Registered
378 Posts
Personally i never believed that the new bike was going into production. What the sense in producing something that u're not interested in?? If MV is in sale, what the meaning in starting a production without the will of going on with it?
I just hope that HD finds a buyer quickly and doesnt happen again with the new model what happened with the mk1 that was produced few years later than what was programmed.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts