MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
587 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
why does it seem like everytime i have sumthin good I get beat to the punch,I did find that song though cool thx

·
Registered
2,431 Posts
lol, that looks like my speedo last sunday on the Tomei.

·
Registered
587 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Baylissrules said:
Carmina Burana

tHANKs, ya your right nOt all rap sucks,but 95 percent of it does,me no good.
they cant even make there own beats up more than half its a remake.

·
Registered
499 Posts
Vatoloco said:
they cant even make there own beats up more than half its a remake.
eh, careful. that arguement only works with those that don't know music.

rap does a lot of sampling, true, but rap didn't come up with the concept. if you like true raw never before heard stuff than you must love improvasional jazz.

almost all other types of music sample other songs in some way. classic rock (the stones, aerosmith, hindrix, etc) sampled a lot of motown. modern alternative rock samples a lot of drumming rythms from the 70's. even hayden and bach would take and recreate the classic works of the day.

point is, this is common. the real talent is how you sample and reimagine the song lyrically and how it flows with a generally different rythm.

anyway, my point is, to argue rap doesn't come up with it's own stuff--well that's often the point. sort of like arguing motorcycles are lame because they can't even find a way to fit 4 wheels on them only 2.

·
Registered
587 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
Your right,its not just rap today,Most stuff seems like covers.
i heard a "rock" song redone from The who's love regin on me,and it was a BAD remake,made me sick. A cover i did like was distrubed's LAnd of confuzzion orignaly done by Genesis,and yes i do enjoy acid jazz.

the stones, Give me shelter and paint it black were orignal songs about Nam.

now "aint to proud to beg ya thats a Remake.

wHAT song got me the Most upset
was the "cover" of In the air tonight by Phill collins
all they did was use vulgary,and killed my unltimate Slow and down and let everyone watch me on the bike.

It just seems like anyone can be a music star today,but its RARE to see someone make there own stuff,Honestly Techno/Trance is the only thing orignal i hear today,yea its the same beat over and over,but its something they created,Not talking about Edits or Remix's.

gREEnday,my chemical romace,Fort Minor,Linkin park, I like,and have my respect. i dont mind remakes,if they dont kill the orignal.

But remember will smith as a singer??????

or that song that "sometimes i wanna DUN DUN runaway" well some girl remade that YUCK! if u must use it Edit it,dont snag it

1 - 13 of 13 Posts