MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
499 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just saw a Volvo commercial for their S80. The car apparently has advanced accident avoidance features--including some radar thing in the blind spot. if you are going to change lanes into a car/bike, the volvo chimes a warning.

anyway, the commercial narrator says something like john is about to crash with this motorcycle and then they show a rider point of view shot with our beloved instrument dash/fairing/mirrors. then the narrator talks about the crash avoidance, and john hears an alarm and avoids hitting the bike. then a black F41000 passes him up with a rider and a co-pilot.

thanks for not hitting us john! :f4: and thanks for the airtime vovlo! :guitarist

·
Registered
299 Posts
Is the message watch out for volvo drivers they might run you over??? lol
(too busy with stuff & not paying attention)

·
Registered
1,937 Posts
Mat Black said:
Just saw a Volvo commercial for their S80. The car apparently has advanced accident avoidance features--including some radar thing in the blind spot. if you are going to change lanes into a car/bike, the volvo chimes a warning.

anyway, the commercial narrator says something like john is about to crash with this motorcycle and then they show a rider point of view shot with our beloved instrument dash/fairing/mirrors. then the narrator talks about the crash avoidance, and john hears an alarm and avoids hitting the bike. then a black F41000 passes him up with a rider and a co-pilot.

thanks for not hitting us john! :f4: and thanks for the airtime vovlo! :guitarist
Why would you use any other bike1
Goes to show,even car manufacturers love the look of MVs.
We just KICK ASS!!!!

·
Registered
3,255 Posts
mlawless said:
Is the message watch out for volvo drivers they might run you over??? lol
(too busy with stuff & not paying attention)
yeah, busy swatting at kids in the back seat, or fumbling with the dvd player trying to get bambi to play. :laughing:

·
Registered
1,799 Posts
After "Learn More", click on BLIS, then view commercial. BLIS is right next to the CWBS option ... you were close!

·
Registered
379 Posts
I heard they called Pro Italia looking for black Ducati's but they were unavailable. PI supplied the 3 black MV's instead.

Gotta say I was thrilled when I recognized the instrument cluster!

·
Registered
587 Posts
ive seen the commerical,at first i was upset that someone was doing a commerical at beeing hit,but then i saw them back off,and i was glad to hear about this new system.

good job volvo!

·
Registered
3,304 Posts
I saw that once and thought it was a matte back S but only caught a quick glimpse. spent some time looking for the commercial, couldn't find it.

·
Registered
8,920 Posts
These commercials tick me off (even more the one Volvo has where the couple is late, and the guys ripping through traffic at night, and then when the warning goes off, he swerves into the other lane w/o looking :mad: ), there people should be paying attention, not relying on technology to save them. Technology will ALWAYS fail.

·
Registered
587 Posts
you can give the world the best saftey in the world but if some idoit doesnt use that its nots volvos falut,its the though behind it.

the guy shouLD ALWAYS look before changin lanes.

·
Registered
8,920 Posts
Vatoloco said:
you can give the world the best saftey in the world but if some idoit doesnt use that its nots volvos falut,its the though behind it.

the guy shouLD ALWAYS look before changin lanes.
Yes, but by providig it, people will begin to rely on it, rather than pay attention, and eventually all units will fail, and statistically, some will fail often.

·
Registered
583 Posts
:2up: What I think would be better would be mass beatings. In my time I have learned that people learn so much more when you hit it them. Don't belivie me walk up to one of your coworkers and just rail him. As he goes to get up the first thing well "what" or "why". Next time someone cuts you off beat them. I think if it coaught people would be better drivers. :naughty: I wanted to hit the last two cars that hit me but one was a girl, rather cute.... and I couldn't walk at that time. The other was a really old guy who started to cry. But I am sure both of them would of listened.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts