MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
332 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Was wondering if someone could help in to who is looking after MV here in OZ now. After calling PFGroup they passed me on to Peter Stevens Group who were very helpful until the conversation came around to WARRANY issues. There was a dead silence on the other end and the national sales guy told me quote " we have nothing at all to do with MV except the fact we have a few on the show room floor"?...:wtf:

·
Registered
1,332 Posts
Was wondering if someone could help in to who is looking after MV here in OZ now. After calling PFGroup they passed me on to Peter Stevens Group who were very helpful until the conversation came around to WARRANY issues. There was a dead silence on the other end and the national sales guy told me quote " we have nothing at all to do with MV except the fact we have a few on the show room floor"?...:wtf:
Perhaps Jezzmert (Jeremy Merten, Moto Arena Gold Coast
0755966655) can enlighten you, given he has been posting on the arrival of the 2010/11 Mvs.

·
Registered
332 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Mick , i gave him a call but was his RTO. the guy i spoke with pointed me to the Stevens group..ill try them again and see how i go.

·
Registered
2,156 Posts
Hope you get the warranty sorted out real quick.
Notice how the current MVs has been dumped on the market - IMHO no one wants to carry the warranty.

·
Registered
1,299 Posts
Thats not good news,it sucks that we don't have any importer that is passionate about the brand

·
Registered
186 Posts
I'm in Perth and have had exactly the same dramas.
I love the bike, but am totally disgusted at the lack of support from either the dealer or importer(s).
I contacted Consumer Protection who advised I had to take it up with the dealer that I purchased the bike from, their problem with PFG and PS are between the dealer and supplier not for me to deal with. I purchased a bike with a warranty from the dealer and it's up to him to honour it.
Sounds good but that didn't stop the run around from continuing.
I ended up giving up and buying replacement parts myself, either that or wait months for to sort out the dealer and escalation process. But my warranty issues were fairly minor.

·
Registered
332 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I love the bike, but am totally disgusted at the lack of support from either the dealer or importer(s).
I contacted Consumer Protection who advised I had to take it up with the dealer that I purchased the bike from, their problem with PFG and PS are between the dealer and supplier not for me to deal with. I purchased a bike with a warranty from the dealer and it's up to him to honour it.
I ended up giving up and buying replacement parts myself, either that or wait months for to sort out the dealer and escalation process. But my warranty issues were fairly minor.
thats the same shit that happened to me..i feel your hurt.
I did speak to a manager at Peter Stevens group who did inform me that they are not the importer but are looking after parts and sales until an importer is sorted :jerkoff:

·
Registered
3,007 Posts
I blew my F4 up a month before PFG let MV go, so I was able to get replacement cranks and rods from Italy....still took 5 months to get my bike going again though...

..but a shudder to think what would happen now if one of you guys blow up your MV like I did. No real support at all right now.

This is the main reason I've gone back to Ducati.

·
Registered
332 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I blew my F4 up a month before PFG let MV go, so I was able to get replacement cranks and rods from Italy....still took 5 months to get my bike going again though...

..but a shudder to think what would happen now if one of you guys blow up your MV like I did. No real support at all right now.

Think ill do the same..buy a Ducati and get rid of the MV

·
Registered
186 Posts
Think ill do the same..buy a Ducati and get rid of the MV
I love the MV, just that lack of basic support that pisses me off.
Keeping the MV for now, but next bike will not be a MV...based on today's market I recon both the RSV4 and BMW look pretty sweet.

...ps I've also got a Chinese "Zongshen" bike for hacking around the bush with the kids, and had more success with warranty claims on that bike...but having said that I wasn't bothered with having that bike off the road for 4 months whilst battling them to accept the claim.

·
Registered
175 Posts
This is ridiculous and insane! After reading a thread from a New Zealand member who has already tested the latest 2010 models that are available there, i felt rather unimpressed! Not only do we not have the new bikes here, but no real importer to look after us.. Pathetic!

·
Registered
514 Posts
Hi guys

The new importer is doing fine i have done a couple of claims with them now and it has all been good so far, all the parts are being air frieghted out so it only takes around 2 weeks max, They are only new to the brand but seem to be doing a better job than pfg already, i think most of your problems might be with your dealer but anyway happy to help in anyway guys.

Cheers

Jezz

Why does the new Importer not make some major announcement and try to re-establish the brand in Australia. There has been speculation about it being PS but heard nothing official.

·
Super Moderator
22,072 Posts
Thanks Jezz

I wait to see anxiously, I am re-building my Racebike soon and try-ing to get a second rolling chassy up and running, would love to see what sort of local part's support becomes availible.

·
Registered
3,007 Posts
I'm from moto arena on the gold coast we have put orders in and taken deposits on the new bikes that will turn up next month but we won't sell them till Jan. We have ordered heaps of parts from them and Also claimed a couple of warranty claims with no dramas at all, there are certain grey areas they have to cover with them also being the importer of triumph as well before they make the announcement it is more than likely that they will run under mv Australia than Peter stevens. Like I said before we are having no dramas with them at all so we are more than happy to help anyone out!
Sounds very optimistic Jezz....should make some of the current MV owners rest a little easier.

·
Registered
332 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I'm from moto arena on the gold coast we have put orders in and taken deposits on the new bikes that will turn up next month but we won't sell them till Jan. We have ordered heaps of parts from them and Also claimed a couple of warranty claims with no dramas at all, there are certain grey areas they have to cover with them also being the importer of triumph as well before they make the announcement it is more than likely that they will run under mv Australia than Peter stevens. Like I said before we are having no dramas with them at all so we are more than happy to help anyone out!
As it was said to me they are not the importer just looking after sales and spares until an importer is sorted.
Jezz have you tried an warranty issues with them?

·
Registered
332 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Maybe you might be able to sort out my problem Jezz?
All the black coating on my front forks has worn off and now my fork seals are leaking?
The bike is out of warranty but i have been told guys have had there forks replaced even after warranty has expired?

·
Registered
568 Posts
Funny how every time I ring or email Stevens they claim to know nothing about being the importer.
I even talked to the branch manager.
" Nothing has been confirmed" I get told, so I don't see how they are the importer at this time.
Someone is full of it.

·
Registered
386 Posts
Hi guys.
jezz has a new radiator on its way for me, under warranty, he was the only bloke willing to help me out, peter stevens was a bit rude over the phone, so when i need a new 312r ill be off to the gold coast.
cheers simon. :smoking:

1 - 20 of 37 Posts