MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
was recently in italy when i starting having problems with the brutale or more accurately the brutale was having problems starting... suddenly the horn and the starter button stopped working and fuses started blowing. thanks to a couple of friends i started it off the solenoids and a friendly chap in a bar came over and told us there was an mv dealer around the corner... a few minutes later we were following his directions - not easy considering his lack of english and our complete lack of italian. next thing weave down a bit of a country lane and look up at the 'MV Headquarters' sign !! just as we were stopped and saying 'this is just offices, a man came out of a security box and asked what we wanted, when he understood our sign language he rang for someone who came out and talked perfect english ! he explained that although they carried all the parts in the factory they had no one who could actually tell me what was wrong ( :stickpoke) but kindly gave me instructions to the nearest mv dealer. In the meantime i and my friends got to see a double level lorry being loaded with brand new shrink wrapped Mv's all destined for new owners....
unfortunately the local dealer was closed all that day too, so thanks to a little garage in lecco who kindly made me a couple of wires to start the bike all the way round europe.. some friends later went to the moto guzzi factory in lecco, i told them i'd already had my factory experience !!:mouthwate

great experience and cant believe the attention the brutale got in it's home country - also cant believe i didnt see another one on the road - i thought they would be everywhere....

back in the uk and the bike is going back to my local mv dealer to be seen to, hopefully they have someone capable of telliing me what is wrong :)

·
Administrator
18,867 Posts
Wow....interesting story there!!!

·
Registered
6,448 Posts
Sounds like a short in the wiring, mebbe a wire rubbing against the frame perhaps. A decent auto electrician who knows a bit about bikes rather than just cars should be able to help.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
yeah def a short somewhere but needed it to go back to dealers in case its a warranty thing :brutale:

·
The Dude
5,041 Posts
Nice!

When exactly were you there?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts