MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
3,427 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
MV German re-call of Brembo F4 R superlights

As read in german forum. MV seems to call back bikes for replacing the rear brembo superlight wheel as precaution. Not mentioned is what problem they are after and if it concerns Brutales unknown too.

=========
Update see below also
=========
I got a follow up mail.
It is not a complete re-call!!
It seems to be about 30 bikes which profit from production upgrading, the brutale R is not involved. Keep you updated!!

·
Registered
5,193 Posts
spalding12 said:
i appreciate that update
what do you mean by "30 bikes which profit from production upgrading?"

thanks in advance
Read in between the lines, It's a nice way of saying these 30 bikes have faulty wheels, maybe it's just the paint? but knowing MV I tend to think it would be more of a safety issue, when you actually feel the spoke width it's scary..................... :jsm:

·
Pimp of posts
6,301 Posts

·
Registered
3,427 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
spalding12 said:
i appreciate that update
what do you mean by "30 bikes which profit from production upgrading?"

thanks in advance
In germany they say there is no danger involved, so maybe paint or what else?
I Spoke to the Benelux importer and he has to recall to check as well, he didn't want to tell me why and how many, but I have a friend that bought them seperate and he has been asked to send the wheel in for a checkup.

·
Pimp of posts
6,301 Posts
hb88xx said:
In germany they say there is no danger involved, so maybe paint or what else?
I Spoke to the Benelux importer and he has to recall to check as well, he didn't want to tell me why and how many, but I have a friend that bought them seperate and he has been asked to send the wheel in for a checkup.
well,
the plot thickens
i hope that we can find out the "truth" soon....
if that is really even possible

please keep us informed

thanks again

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Registered
3,427 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
It seems the german forum is not objective. They removed the thread. I told the admin it some sort of censorship of information, He did not agree and said it's more a correcitve issue. I left it to that as discussion does not help. to me open communication of these things is better so it's clear what's going on. So I am happy it stays on this board and it is revealed tothe world.

Peet, Cees, heard anything you can Add?

·
Registered
1,560 Posts
It does suck to have to replace wheels, but this wouldn't be the first time. Kawasaki had to recall the front wheel on the '04 ZX-10R as well, but I never heard of any real failures. Not any normal use ones, anyway. Probably the reason is someone did a stunt or hit a curb or something, didn't think it was enough to bend the wheel, and then had a problem. To have a wheel actually let go during "normal" operation is pretty rare I would say.

My money says that most of the horror stories you see on the 'net with wheels coming apart is due to misuse/neglect/other ouside factors that the riders either ignored or didn't know enough to prevent.

I guarantee that Brembo (Marchesini?) spun those wheels to super high speed, loaded them, etc to ensure they would work when not bent or otherwise abused.

·
Registered
257 Posts
Ok, I went to my dealer earlier this week for the 6000km oilchange. He checked my chassisn° and told me that he had a new rear wheel for me.

There is a small number of F4-1000R that had a rear wheel without a certain stamp or logo in it. A german MV owner filed a complain against the MV factory and now all wheels are being changed. It wasn't the case that soms "R" bikes were sold with a cheaper rear, wheel. But soms wheel came from the Brembo company without a necesary stamp in it.

This is what I was told.

I personally flat my bike out a lot in 6th and haven't noticed anything at the rear wheel.

GreetZ

·
Registered
1,287 Posts
hb88xx said:
It seems the german forum is not objective. They removed the thread. I told the admin it some sort of censorship of information, He did not agree and said it's more a correcitve issue. I left it to that as discussion does not help. to me open communication of these things is better so it's clear what's going on. So I am happy it stays on this board and it is revealed tothe world.

Peet, Cees, heard anything you can Add?
Wow... I haven´t even noticed the Thread... it´s too bad in the German forum. There were several times, that threads were deleted :eek:nthecan: :cussing: .. hate it!

·
Registered
3,427 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Peet said:
There is a small number of F4-1000R that had a rear wheel without a certain stamp or logo in it. A german MV owner filed a complain against the MV factory and now all wheels are being changed. ....
I missed the thread in the italian forum end of last month.
It is a homologation number that is missing. It can't be a sticker, needs to be fixed in the wheel itself. So no safety issue, but needs to be correct to the paper work.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts