1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
1,712 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
1,558 Posts
It looks to be mostly there. without the sub-frame in it looks like it's been crushed, but the main members too to be straight. I thought it was a theft recovery, but since all the parts seem to be there in the boxes I'm not so sure. If the engine was okay, I'd give it a shot...if it were in Canada :)

·
Registered
1,712 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
all yours Reckler

·
Registered
1,411 Posts
:jsm:Wow Chris, glad they got the people. But sad to see it in such a state.

:brutale:

·
Registered
1,762 Posts
I remember that bike and it was damn nice. glad to hear they caught the culprits and hopefully the magistrate isn't a soft cock when it comes to punishment. Bought a new bike yet Chris? Depending on the auction price and what needs to be replaced, it could be a good buy.

·
Registered
3,918 Posts
Wow Chris this is a sad story and an even more depressing looking machine.
From the look at the parts and such it seams to be not even that destroyed.
What happened really to it and what is really demolished.
If I where down under I would really take a closer look at it.

·
Registered
1,299 Posts
Second Mv f4 stolen within 12 months in Melbourne, not good at all.

·
Registered
140 Posts
As Homer would say "It's a little scratched..but its still good ..its still good..."

·
Registered
140 Posts
There's a certain bike shop with a reputation for buying these parts and selling them through their shop front bike business...wouldnt surprise me..there's a huge steal for order market out there !

Hopefully you got your $$ from the insurance co...

·
Super Moderator
22,073 Posts
There's a certain bike shop with a reputation for buying these parts and selling them through their shop front bike business...wouldnt surprise me..there's a huge steal for order market out there !
As long as they're selling the parts as second-hand, and did not buy the parts from the thieves originally, I don't see anything wrong with that.
Except it pushes the bidding price up beyond my budget usually.

·
Registered
1,762 Posts
i'd like to follow up and see if they have my fairing (which is quite distinctive and a one off). If they are licensed second hand dealers then they should have a record of who sold them the parts along with the persons id which may be a possible lead to the thieves. If they don't have a record then one might wonder how legit their dealings are.

·
Registered
329 Posts
am i dumb for thinking this bike is def fixable? all the important parts look fine to me from the pics i know manheim is a dealer auction so it should sell for a decent price,sorry to hear it was stolen from one of the forum members on here

·
Registered
140 Posts
Doonsy...what i was implying is they actually pay the thieves to steal the bikes and then buy the parts from them..resell them as legitimately obtained parts..ie: handling stolen goods.....

·
Super Moderator
22,073 Posts
I was worried that this might be what you where referring to Lony, not good to hear mate. Not for one moment in my life could I imagine making a living doing something like that, I do hope people like that come to a painfully end in life.

·
Registered
1,558 Posts
Basically just a chop shop with a legitimate face?

A place like that got busted back in Nova Scotia for chopping up stolen Honda Civics and selling the parts or using them in their body shops much cheaper than other shops. I believe they were caught when someone noticed a unique fender from a custom Civic that was stolen and got the police to investigate them.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts