MV Agusta Forum banner

MV Financial Woes

4K views 46 replies 13 participants last post by  spalding12 
#1 · (Edited)
Can anyone help me with any news of the Financial outlook of MV? Is it as bleak as it seems? Have there been any big developments since the Proton Sale for 1 Euro plus debt.

#10 ·
Proton sold due to the fact *they* were in trouble and needed to bail out from under all the debt they were carrying, not just the responsibility/cost of running MV. The buyer got it for 1 Euro because they picked up all the MV debt and took that liability off of Proton's back.

As James points out, that deal was a long time ago - almost a year ago - and since then, MV has manufactured thousands of bikes, they've introduced many new models including several at this week's show, they've raced (very successfully) in European Super Stock and have just announced they will be racing in AMA Superbike with none other than the legend himself Erraldo Ferracci running the show. I'd love to be in that kind of shape. ;)

Buy. Ride. Smile.

#14 ·
Fine means it's much, much better than it was before when MV was in bankruptcy (2002-2003). Incidentally, at that time, I contacted Cagiva USA regarding parts issues. They responded stating they have a large supply of consumable parts in their USA warehouse.

MV's appears to be able to sell more bike (Brutales and F4s) in 2005 and 2006 than they did F4 750s in 2002 and 2003. They've also added two new dealers (that I know of) -one in Northern California and the other in Scottsdale Arizona. So, in terms of products and brand image, MV Agusta is a more desirable company to purchase now than they have every been.

In regards to the Proton sale, I believe one of the motivating forces was the slip of market position of Proton in the Asia market. The sale was also an move to realign their efforts to concentrate on their home market.

So at this point in time, I won't worry about MV closing it's door and part supplies dwindling. They're generating a lot of industry news with the new F4R, land speed records, $100K euro F4CC, and U.S. super bike effort. That's not a sign of a company that's closing it's doors. I have a feeling MV Agusta will be perceive as a more upscale motorcycle since Ducati has lower the price of it's base super bike. All of these factors make MV Agusta too desirable of a company to fade into history.

#18 ·
jdog said:
Had a chance at an 04 leftover 750 for 2k less than the 2006 910....is the extra 2k well spent on the 910?
Regardless of price, I think it's really a decision of do you want a 910 or a MV 750. Bear in mind the 750 needs to be rev'ed while the 910 has got the torque. Also, 0'5 and '06 F41000S are being discounted and MAYBE you can find one for $18K since the F41000R is out.

#20 ·
I rode a Tuono, then a Brutale. The Brutale was much better in all areas I thought, although, admittedly, they weren't long rides....Decided on the Brutale 910s, but the 2k savings on the 750 intrigued me. Heard the 750's have electrical issues though...

#21 ·
Hey brother,

The home office in Varese is doing better then ever, Husqvarna is doing better then ever and MV is certainly doing exceptionaly well... Especialy compared to past finacial relationships.... None of us have anything to worry about....Of course our bikes are Italian..... So we can never really stop worrying...But, Italian bikes and worrying go together like Fresh mozzarella and Roma tomatoes- so I choose to not worry about a damn thing as I enjoy a Caprese salad........If you really cant control the worrying buy a yamaha or something...But, I hope you dont do that......Buy the one with four pipes.....You will never regret it.....Ask all 3000 of us on this board, These bikes change your life.....And Im not just some lovestruck, cheerleading fool, If Cagiva incorperated was in a vulnerble position I would be discusing this with everyone here, but there is nothing to discuss....Presently, at least..

Good luck.....
Go throw a leg over......
Relax..................Until its time to not relax, now is not that time...

Hedges,
FBD

#23 ·
jdog said:
Had a chance at an 04 leftover 750 for 2k less than the 2006 910....is the extra 2k well spent on the 910?
I would presonally get the 910. I haven't ridden the 750 before so my opinion is a little biased. I was in a simular position as you before I purchased my 910. I could have purchased a number of used 750's but I decided on the 910. From the comments on this forum it seems that mileage and fuel injection is a little better sorted from the factory on the 910 than the 750 but that probably could be debated. I also believe that the potential re-sale value of the 910 would also be better.

Just my thoughts..nothing more. Get one either way :yo:

#25 ·
Maybe I say something stupid but...can you imagine for a second if MV Agusta goes to hell...what sort of price your bike could reach? :crazyeyes
Not saying I want it to happen but this thread made me think about it...actually I think it would be a good thread to start...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.