MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
403 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Can anyone help me with any news of the Financial outlook of MV? Is it as bleak as it seems? Have there been any big developments since the Proton Sale for 1 Euro plus debt.

·
Registered
403 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I am scheduled to buy Brutale 910 s but I am very nervous to do so when I read all about the financial issues of the company....

·
Registered
403 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Well, I am picking it up tomorrow. I was just hoping for some insight from people who know much more about it than me....

·
Registered
1,179 Posts
Proton sold due to the fact *they* were in trouble and needed to bail out from under all the debt they were carrying, not just the responsibility/cost of running MV. The buyer got it for 1 Euro because they picked up all the MV debt and took that liability off of Proton's back.

As James points out, that deal was a long time ago - almost a year ago - and since then, MV has manufactured thousands of bikes, they've introduced many new models including several at this week's show, they've raced (very successfully) in European Super Stock and have just announced they will be racing in AMA Superbike with none other than the legend himself Erraldo Ferracci running the show. I'd love to be in that kind of shape. ;)

Buy. Ride. Smile.

·
Registered
403 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I just don't want to live the nightmare of not being able to get parts for it. I guess everything is a leap of faith...

·
Registered
4,473 Posts
Fine means it's much, much better than it was before when MV was in bankruptcy (2002-2003). Incidentally, at that time, I contacted Cagiva USA regarding parts issues. They responded stating they have a large supply of consumable parts in their USA warehouse.

MV's appears to be able to sell more bike (Brutales and F4s) in 2005 and 2006 than they did F4 750s in 2002 and 2003. They've also added two new dealers (that I know of) -one in Northern California and the other in Scottsdale Arizona. So, in terms of products and brand image, MV Agusta is a more desirable company to purchase now than they have every been.

In regards to the Proton sale, I believe one of the motivating forces was the slip of market position of Proton in the Asia market. The sale was also an move to realign their efforts to concentrate on their home market.

So at this point in time, I won't worry about MV closing it's door and part supplies dwindling. They're generating a lot of industry news with the new F4R, land speed records, $100K euro F4CC, and U.S. super bike effort. That's not a sign of a company that's closing it's doors. I have a feeling MV Agusta will be perceive as a more upscale motorcycle since Ducati has lower the price of it's base super bike. All of these factors make MV Agusta too desirable of a company to fade into history.

·
Registered
803 Posts
Hey, they other way you could look at it is if they ever do go under your bike will be even more collectable:)

·
Registered
403 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Had a chance at an 04 leftover 750 for 2k less than the 2006 910....is the extra 2k well spent on the 910?

·
Registered
4,473 Posts
jdog said:
Had a chance at an 04 leftover 750 for 2k less than the 2006 910....is the extra 2k well spent on the 910?
Regardless of price, I think it's really a decision of do you want a 910 or a MV 750. Bear in mind the 750 needs to be rev'ed while the 910 has got the torque. Also, 0'5 and '06 F41000S are being discounted and MAYBE you can find one for $18K since the F41000R is out.

·
Registered
403 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I rode a Tuono, then a Brutale. The Brutale was much better in all areas I thought, although, admittedly, they weren't long rides....Decided on the Brutale 910s, but the 2k savings on the 750 intrigued me. Heard the 750's have electrical issues though...

1 - 20 of 47 Posts