MV Agusta Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,008 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got back from a 3 week driving(not riding) tour in Italy and France. Stopped at the MV factory after leaving Rome and realised it was Sunday, Shit!!!. Anyway after dropping the kids off in France decided to stop in on the way back, it was 2.30 in the afternoon and I thought I had bugger all chance of getting in but my little flower talked me into having a go so I walked to the security office and spoke to a lovely guy named Marco who said a tour was coming through in 20 mins and we could join in. The tour was excellent and very informative, no photos allowed though which is fair enough. Its amazing actually how small the factory is considering what works of art it produces, it is like a family business more than an international one. It was great to see where my babies were " born" and the passion and friendliness of the staff. A fantastic experience and will be on my list next time we go back to Italy.
Thanks again to Marco should he happen to read this and after seeing all those F3`s lined up I am seriously looking at getting one soon.
After all you only live once right? and stuff the superannuation.

·
Super Moderator
24,098 Posts
Excellent Cus! I'd love to get there...and I will someday.

·
Registered
639 Posts
Nice Cus,

I think I put this on my wish list for this summer !!

·
Registered
1,333 Posts
I'm also just back from a driving trip in Italy, still in France and due to fly back to Oz in a week.

I sent a number of emails to MV Agusta, including to Marco through the website, but never got any answer. Which was quite disappointing.

Even though we were in the area, my wife and I decided to give MV a miss and spend time in the hills behind Bellagio instead.

·
Registered
1,008 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Just rock up to the gate **** if you happen to go past on your way back. tours are supposed to be at 10am and 3pm week days. I spoke to the security guard(walk through the main gate and follow your nose) and he called Marco for me. Marco said he could fit Aussies in cause we have come so far. Good hotel right next door too, Riva Vecchia I think it was called.

·
Registered
7,971 Posts
I too have this on my bucket list.

·
Registered
1,008 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Got it wrong, Hotel is Vecchia Riva, address; Via G. Machi,146- Varese
MV is right next door, our room looked over the factory.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts