MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,
I am planning a trip to Italy with my wife for the end of May and two excursions for me are going to be going to Mugello for MotoGP and I'd like to do a trip to the MV Factory for a tour.
So I am wondering if anyone could tell me who I would contact to arrange this tour and if anyone has done one recently I'd love to hear of your experience.

Thanks

·
Registered
306 Posts
Its well worth seeing, i went a couple of years ago and loved it.From memory its on a Thursday and you have a choice of morning or afternoon.Its normally an hour of a tour but when we went we were there for around 4 hours and got to see everything (its a long story as to how I got this tour)and we had a private tour just my wife and myself.MV were very good to us and still are to be honestly could not praise them enough.Go to MV Agusta factory tour and you can arrange a tour.Enjoy.

·
Registered
1,560 Posts
I think his name is Marco, did the tour and Mugello GP 5 years ago. Make sure you rent a bike and take the Futa Pass from Bologna to Firenze, check out my youtube: F4sennarider for video.

·
Registered
2,353 Posts
For those that have done it. Im assuming its weekday only? About how long does it take?

Im going on a two-week motorcycle tour in Italy ending in Milan on a Friday (to fly out sat morn). Im thinking about hanging in Milan for the weekend and then renting a car to hit up the factory and Como on Monday if that is when I can get a tour.

·
Registered
183 Posts
Would like to know if you manage to schedule something. I was in Milan in December and tried contacting the factory several times. Never got a response to my e-mails. Don't know if this is related to recent changes there, but I noted that there was nothing on the web site about tours. Perhaps they aren't doing any tours right now?

·
Registered
2,353 Posts
Wouldn't be shocked, haven't heard back from MV Agusta US yet. Was told to hit up the dealer but we have no dealers anymore. Getting parts is a chore now too, nobody does a simple online/shipping process anymore.

·
Registered
967 Posts
We just rocked up to the security guard and got on a tour after he put me on the phone to Marco, that was three years ago. All else fails just show up and ask

·
Registered
1,217 Posts
As I posted before a great experience, there were four from Australia, one from New Zealand, a very brave man from Canada who was on his honeymoon and his wife did not like bikes, along with my wife who hates motorbikes.
At least the two ladies had something in common, but at the end of the tour surprise surprise they both enjoyed it :grin2::grin2:

Marco is the gentleman in red and the honeymoon couple, gentleman talking to Marco and the second lady on the left

Attachments

·
Registered
1,560 Posts
50th B-day tour

Had a great tour with Marco 5 years ago, that's us in the first pic, last is with my brother and friends...

Attachments

Reactions: gotfolk

·
Registered
926 Posts
We did it 2 years back, we stayed in Varese for a couple of nights and thoroughly enjoyed the whole experience. The atmosphere at MV is one of the best I have experienced, a nice 'family'. We organised it through the website.
Last year we went to Bologna and did the Lamborghini and Ducati tours, The Ducati factory tour and staff are not as 'friendly and warm' as MV but it may be due to the sheer size of the operation. The Lamborghini tour was a great experience and very well organised, nice people, nice place and them cars, just wow. Recommend MV if you can get in.

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter #19 (Edited)
So i did as suggested and emailed the mvagusta.com website and heard back from them the next day. I was told that factory tours are suspended. But then the reply said that they anticipate days to visit are Tuesday, Wednesday or Thursday. It goes on to say that if I want a factory tour to mail them a month before (I hope this means email) and to specify the number of people for the tour.

Hope this is of value to anyone else looking to make the trip.

·
Registered
392 Posts
I did the tour with my buddy Brian after going through about nine passes from Giau to Furka. The guide was informative I am glad we did it. I did not have a reservation until about three hours before we arrived. Here are a few photos

Attachments

1 - 20 of 21 Posts