MV Agusta Forum banner

MV Factory order in August

2K views 13 replies 9 participants last post by  GreenyF3800Ago 
#1 ·
Just got informed that I could wait for a week or two for my B3 sprag clutch and a gear sensor. Doing business with Italy in august was always slooooow :)
Too bad, Mototecnic (Melbourne), does not have those on stock so it's on backorder at the moment.

Since I can't turn on my engine at all any more (with the existing sprag clutch), I am grounded for the time being... no riding.
The bike left me stranded 2 days ago in the city and I had to call in Mototecnic van to come and pick it up.

Should have had it replaced as soon as the factory issued an update for those 2 parts, but nooooo, I was soooo confident that I'll turn it on using a clutch a during starting (it did work for few months, but it got worse lately, needed more tries).

I find a little bit disappointing that despite recognizing the fact with the sprag clutch and gear sensor, the factory did not issue a recall notice for B3 owners. Or am I wrong ?

#3 ·
Some good news for those awaiting parts or warranty claims. The factory parts department and the warranty claims team will remain open for business during the traditional Italian holiday season.

jimboF4

#4 ·
Sounds like more of the young Castiglioni's efforts to grow the brand and improving product representation in the global market.

:)

#7 ·
I'm grounded as well waiting for version 3 sprag clutch. Not sure how long it will be before the part arrives but I'm bummed I can't ride the bike. My version 2 only lasted about 5 months.

The service from MV is good I just wish they would offer some compensation like a free oil change for the lost time.

#8 ·
"Good service" & "FREE" anything... hahahahaha It is to laugh.

Most of you are probably tired of reading of my problems but...
I worked it out that it costs approximately $400 to transport my bike each time I trailer it to the selling dealer. That's one day's wages, (because their service department is not open on Saturdays) over 100 liters of fuel plus incidentals. That figure doubles when they can't fix the issue and I have to leave the bike and make a second trip to pick it up. That has happened several times now including the day I was to have taken delivery. I was promised a nice surprise in compensation for that first time. However, here it is two years later and I have yet to receive anything. Now I'm into the third week of no F3 riding while the dealer and Italy argue over who's paying for what to correct the stalling/irregular idle issue.
It'll take more than an oil change to compensate me for my lost time.....

#13 ·
get parts

Good news that they work during august, I been waiting 4 weeks on a new ABS pump. No words except that it is ordered, no date yet.

My hope! is that I get some good news this week, at least a date so I know what to expect and not have to bother the dealer every few days with mt phone calls "is there any news"...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.