MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys

I find the seat on the f4rr digs into the inside of my legs after a 200/300 mile run.

So am looking at getting something done to the seat, looking at the 2014 race bike seat it looks a little more contoured at the sides and similar to the race seat I had on the 1098 ducati which was kinder on the rear end and good for a few miles.
Is there anyone that can make me a seat with the mv logo and contours as the attached photo, preferably in the UK or EU.

Agustus Gloop

Attachments

·
Registered
1,216 Posts
Looks to me like the padding is about a lot thicker, which would put you higher up and leaning further forward. I would think this would have a negative effect on your comfort on rides that long.

Si

·
Registered
661 Posts
depends on how much the foam in that racing bike seat compresses. My legs ride fine when on the pegs. The tank sides are a perfect fit, It is when I put my legs to ground that the fairing side pushes on my leg insides. I love the seat that came with mine and really have no intention of swapping out unless there is one of the same shape in alcantara and logo.

·
Vendor
5,488 Posts
You can try Ade (adecritten)on the forum,he makes seats and does alterations and lives somewhere over your way.

·
Registered
547 Posts
Willl just got the seat unfortunately I will be travelling for two weeks so I cannot provide feedback. I sent you the contact info for the person I used.

Richard

·
Registered
114 Posts
Got it, thanks. I hope you find it more comfortable than the stock seat :jsm:. It looks like a really nice piece of kit :mouthwate.

Willl just got the seat unfortunately I will be travelling for two weeks so I cannot provide feedback. I sent you the contact info for the person I used.

Richard

·
Registered
547 Posts
Here are some pics of the seat finally installed on the MV. Along with a passenger seat cowl from Scott. Blends in quite well. Also very comfortable and provides great grip so no more sliding into the tank when under hard breaking.

Attachments

·
Registered
18 Posts
Seat looks great would appreciate knowing who did the work + tell me about the seat cowl, cost? availability? I have a 2012 RR as well Thanks

·
Registered
547 Posts
Sorry I purchased from a member on this forum not sure where it was purchased from.

The seat was done by Apex stiching in Seattle

·
Registered
229 Posts
1 - 16 of 16 Posts