MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

New again to the forum, was on here a few years ago but didn't end up getting my 312 so only 6 years wait and now I will be picking up my white 2013 F4 abs in a week!

What I want to know is if anyone knows what software or diagnostic tool dealers use to flash the new ECU and if it is available to the public?

I'm from Queensland Australia btw.

Any info appreciated.

Cheers

·
Administrator
20,762 Posts
I have been told by the MV techs I know that you must use extreme caution when reflashing the Eldor ECU....this includes when they update the maps as MV releases new ones.
As I understand it, one false step and the ECU is junk. Map load fails and ECU can no longer be accessed.

Maybe Balzac has some insight. The 2 guys at different dealers I spoke with lock the door when they start to prevent interruption.

·
Registered
1,198 Posts
Yes Ed, you're kinda correct.
For regular maintenance and diagnostics, tps resets etc. it is no problem at all.
When you do a full software update i.e. a map update you need to stay on task and finish the process al the way through.
If you walk away and forget about it, the tool times out after about 15 min I believe, and the ecu gets locked and can't be recovered.
Best to let a trained professional make the mistake. Things can get expensive real fast otherwise. ...

·
Registered
17 Posts
Hi Guys,

Pardon me to interrupt, but I have just talked to all the mechanics in MV Agusta Motor SpA, engineering department last month and there is no way yet so far of changing any parameter for the ELDOR ECU.

It's not like the Marelli ECU. =(

I'm still trying to search for alternative, let u know whether there's any update.

Best bet would be the Power Commander (used it for the F3 and B3) however, doesnt know whether they have it for the new F4 (is there any difference just yet).

Good luck!

·
Registered
14 Posts
Hello everyone!

This is my first post on the forum. :)
I can not create new threads, I do not know why, so I borrow this thread..

Does anyone know where I can find error codes for Texa?

When I run the Texa on one of my bikes, I get an error message (Fault) that says "U1706, YR-sensor, CAN Line, Signal missing"

I can not find any answers in the workshop manual?

Does anyone know what the YR-sensor is? or what the code U1706 means?

The bike is an F4RR MY13

Please, help me?

·
Super Moderator
22,850 Posts
There are two possible reasons you cannot start a thread: One is that you are a new memvwe and have to get some posts in before starting a thread. Two is that you are not running your IE browser in Compatibility Mode. For that, I suggest you switch to Google Chrome, or put IE in Compatibility Mode.

As for the Texa issue, sorry.

Oh, and WELCOME to this crazy world!

·
Registered
14 Posts
There are two possible reasons you cannot start a thread: One is that you are a new memvwe and have to get some posts in before starting a thread. Two is that you are not running your IE browser in Compatibility Mode. For that, I suggest you switch to Google Chrome, or put IE in Compatibility Mode.

As for the Texa issue, sorry.

Oh, and WELCOME to this crazy world!
Thanks man.

That was the fault whit my IE, Thanks
I am quite new with MV Agusta but I have a few in the garage :mouthwate

Need to lern more about Texa! :banghead:

·
Registered
301 Posts
Thread revival!

Anybody have any updates on tuning the Eldor ECU (2013 F4)? What options are available right now? Chris, have you heard anything from Microtec about a stand alone ECU replacement yet? I'd much prefer that route over a piggy back system and would love to have you make a map for me.

·
Registered
314 Posts
So far there are two I know of. I like the piggyback route a little better.
RapidBike "Racing" (piggyback)
http://rapidbike.us/products/rb-racing-mv-agusta-f4-1000-r-rr-10-12
---

REXXER (flash-tuning)
NEW: Direct flash of MV Agusta models Eldor ECU (F3 675/800, 675/800 and more brutal.)

The waiting has an end! We have successfully completed our tests and the new protocols for Eldor ECU Tuning and mappings for the current MV Agusta models completed.
So you are now able by Rex X he EVO to models Brutale 675/800, Dragster 800, F3 675/800, 675/800 and rival F4 1000 (2013-) and access via the OBD connector itself for flashing (the ECU does not need to be sent to us!). To access the Eldor ECU the new serial port cable ZU-RV16E is required.
A detailed model overview, please see the updated compatibility list .

Genre modification / access options:
• injection system (cylinder-selective and load dependent)
• Pre-ignition (cylinder-selective)
• Lambda target values
• Div. Correction maps (air / engine temperature dependent)
• Lambda control can be turned off (operation without lambda probes possible!)
• Exhaust damper control motor can be turned off (operation without servomotor possible!)
• V-MAX release
• Increase speed limiter
• Ride-by-wire engine control
• Torque release (each driving modes)

These modifications are more power and torque in all speed ranges available. Furthermore, among other things, can be correct troublesome handling such constant motion judder, delayed throttle response and performance optimization through our holes.
Technical information about the new Eldor ECU:
This is by ECU type Rex X he EVO are read just like the Mitsubishi MECLO or Siemens VDO M3C ECU, via the OBD connector only an identification file (Map dummy).
---

·
Registered
301 Posts
Thanks guys. I'll likely go with one of those this winter. For the time being I'm just going to run it as is.

I talked to my dealer over the phone yesterday and he was really worried about running it without the proper tune. I realize it's not ideal, but I know some people here have done it without ill effect. I just want to confirm one last time, it will run fine with the full system and no tune right?

Does anyone know much about the Rexxer flash tuning? Can you actually build your own custom tune with it or do you have to just choose one from the library they provide?

·
Registered
314 Posts
Rexxer works best when the map is custom tuned on a dyno. If you have a PRO Rexxer tuner close to you, go with that setup. RapidBike features an autotune option where you won't need a specific map. The ECU will make adjustments depending on the mods, weather and whatever other parameters.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts