MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
971 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well guys, over Christmas we had builders in so I put my genuine F4 cover over my MV in the garage to protect it from dust.

Later the over half said we had mice in the garage as they had eaten some bird food. Stupidly I done nothing (as I don't mind about the odd mouse).

Well I went in a couple of days later and the little gits had eaten a hole the size of a dinner plate in my F4 cover. My love of mice has now ended.

·
Super Moderator
22,351 Posts
If they are eating your cover...I'd be checking places like my exhaust, under the seat, or Throttle Bodies for Red and Silver nests of mice.

·
Registered
264 Posts
Time to look under the seat for mouse evidence as well. I live in the country and get mice in my garage and garden shed. Too many to try to live trap as it would be a full time job. I hate to use bait but with multiple cars and bikes plus spare parts I don't have much choice. A couple of years ago I found mouse bait up under the seat on my F4, inside the engine compartment of my Mini and a few other places. Little buggers were stashing the bait before it did its job. They also built a nest inside a box of spare CB-1 carbs I have and their urine corroded the outside of the carbs. Wish there was a better way of keeping them away.

Eric

·
Registered
520 Posts
I had something similar where I had a heavy blanket over the bike and mice made a home underneath, and started nibbling the tank protector... Thankfully nothing else. I now only use a very lightweight dust sheet so its not so inviting!

·
Registered
971 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
cheers guys, It seems the bike is OK. I have also started her to make sure she runs. The mice on the other hand are not so good.

·
Registered
661 Posts
Mice ain't no joke. I have bait placed throughout my garage and an electronic repeller plugged into the wall (not sure if the electronic gadget works or not), but I also have one cat that meows from inside the house so that should help. Mice/rats will eat your stuff up. I started baiting just in time. Success so far I saw a rat cobble its way towards my bike in the middle of the garage several months ago. It had taken the bait and on its last leg. No incidents since the measures were taken. I think the electronic repeller helps Wow! I heard moth ball work too. I put some in garage as well. Read the warnings on packages before use however.

·
Registered
229 Posts
I had something similar where I had a heavy blanket over the bike and mice made a home underneath, and started nibbling the tank protector... Thankfully nothing else. I now only use a very lightweight dust sheet so its not so inviting!
The wife said "Go buy some Art"...
...................__O
................_-\<,_\
...............(_)/ (_)
I bought art.....MV Art = (.)^(.) -Davis

1 - 12 of 12 Posts