MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
missed out..

the axle was sold last night... AGGHH this is feeling hopeless, i keep missing the parts i need, im on the site continually hoping something pops up and when i decide to sleep they do.. :)

e

·
Registered
1,077 Posts
ewoggle said:
the axle was sold last night... AGGHH this is feeling hopeless, i keep missing the parts i need, im on the site continually hoping something pops up and when i decide to sleep they do.. :)

e
ewoggle! Cheer up! I bought the rotors and axle last night. The axle would be nice but I don't need it like you. You're welcome to it if it will get you on the road sooner.

But if you come across another one, I'd appreciate a heads up! :)

·
Registered
107 Posts
im up, im up..

ive been up since seven this morning.. at my desk since nine. but that would already be already about 4pm for you guys. but when im at the end of my day here at work most of you would be sound asleep. thanks Gladio for the kind gesture, i acutally contemplated taking you up on it.. i was thinking of fabricating a pair of mounts to use temporarily until the order came through and i had found a store in the uk that surprisingly had the bolt for the frame neck in stock for 5 pounds. I tried something cheeky yesterday though and i think it might work, i called the spare parts dept in italy and although there was a little language barrier, i passed my concerns about parts taking in excess of eight weeks to arrive and the lady on the other end of the line said she would review all stock heading out to the national distributor in australia and try to fast track all their parts. she had said the main delay was due to parts not being well stocked due to a factory closure over christmas and new years which lasts for about 3 weeks. anyways i appreciate the offer. :)

e

·
Registered
1,077 Posts
Let me know if you change your mind. I hope your healing is going well since your crash and that you're able to get back on the road soon!

·
Registered
107 Posts
back already..

Gladio said:
Let me know if you change your mind. I hope your healing is going well since your crash and that you're able to get back on the road soon!
i have to confess i have been back on the road twice now against surgeons orders, one time a month ago on a friends R1 but it was a short ride from Mentone to StKilda and back.. i was actually a little worried my girlfriend at the time would find out considering i had promised i wouldnt get back on a bike again for a while. the second time was only last saturday and im sure a few of you will smile at this... i have an old bike i bought to restore about a year ago and its been sitting in my garage for the last five months dissambled waiting for me to get my butt into gear. i finally got the motor back together and tuned it and took it around the streets or short run.. the bike is a 1980 Yamaha RD350 LC, for those who arnt familiar with the model, its a two stroke inline twin, very loud and rattly with 12cm wide tyres. its not the MV but it but a smile on my face last saturday. :)

the healing is going well and i should be all clear on the 1st march.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts