MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys... sorry my first post is a shit one but super concerned...

Having cut out issues at around 160km on the trip meter... Just dies and nearly been killed a few times now.. Bike has done just on 3000K's from when i bought it a few weeks ago...When i turn the bike off and on with clutch in the system check says OK and even the dealership diagnostic tool cant detect any faults.... As soon as i refuel i dont have this happen till around this km read on the trip meter again... Ring any bells to anyone??

I appreciate any ides on what it could be..

Love the bike but yeah not confident..
PS im in Melbourne Australia

·
Registered
271 Posts
May be an idea to pull the fuel pump out and check the hoses for holes. Its sounding like its starving at a certain fuel level.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hey Kel i just gave it to the dealership and said fix it!!! Not interested in it till i get there all clear then i'll see what way i need to go...Cheers

·
Registered
318 Posts
sounds like running out of fuel - maybe the light in the dash??? but it is probably the fuel guage in the tank is stuck/defective.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yeah i read all that mate feels like run out of fuel and when i restart and it reprimes its all good.. Especially when i refuel and then its 100%
Shitting that ive got a lemon but from a search it seems not

·
Super Moderator
22,844 Posts
Based on what you are describing, it sounds like your tank may have a vent issue.
As fuel is used you may be drawing a slight vacuum in your tank. At 180 km i t exceeds the pumps suction head requirements. When you turn off the bike and allow it to re-prime, or when you refuel, the tank is equalized again and all is well.

Just a thought.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hey guys just a quick update.... Turns out it was the tip over sensor up the front above the headlight connections are faulty.. Needs rubber cushions on both sides...

·
Super Moderator
22,844 Posts
Thanks for the update.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Yeah matey
That's crazy. So not the tilt over sensor? Hand throttle harness? Everything was done on mine and shut down during ride. Found out that a wire was pinch and was about to be completely separated. Not sure what wire but I'll ask mv when I get my bike back.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts