Two sparkplugs turned black

I bought another set of coils and problem remained
So i assume by changing the ebs relay it might help

Please advice...

Should i buy another throttle body

·
Vendor
5,158 Posts
Why are you switching from fuel to spark?
What problem have you got?

·
Registered
219 Posts
Maybe put back the coils which worked (as your new ones have made no improvement).

Replace just the broken injector with a factory original (hope you marked them rather than just tossed them) and reinstall it along with the ones that did work before.

Often the best way to fix your bike is a process of elimination, not just replacing parts indiscriminately.

(guessing will just end up confusing you and if somehow you manage to fix the bike it's more a fluke than anything)...

See how that goes and report back.

·
Administrator
18,852 Posts
The EBS relay shuts off the #3 injector and introduces a huge air leak into the #2 intake.... It is an engine braking control device (Engine Braking System)...... Failure results in loss of power and poor running.

The relay is a simple automotive part. The solenoid it controls (introduces the air leak) is a special part.

But do your symptoms indicate the EBS system? Helps to understand what it does.

The relay is located where it gets hot. Search forums for threads on relocating it to cooler areas. Take it to the auto parts store and search for a replacement.

You can also do away with it completely.

·
Registered
2,575 Posts
lmk if you still need one after troubleshooting. Pretty sure I have a new one.

·
Registered
14,212 Posts
?

Diaboloaldebaran;
Let's do this the easy way......
1st, you need spark, borrow an inductive pickup timing light, check all 4 wires, you have duplex coils, check all of them
All OK?
2nd, you need 4 IWP-162 WORKING injectors I send mine to RC Engineering in Torrance CA 310-320-2277
Russ invented the injector flow bench and taught American Honda how to fuel inject their cars
Got 4 good ones?
Go to the Customizing and Performance Section and merc07 's sticky
Get a chip from Adam and eliminate the EBS bullshit and gives you real fuel and ignition maps and turns the
fans on sooner
Put dielectric grease on all electrical connections
Reduce the swing arm pinch bolt torque to 15lbft/20Nm
My Brutale 910R has 39,000mi, burned out 2 low beam bulbs and the pin for the side stand spring peg wore through
Valve cover may have been off before I bought it .....but not since
Most reliable bike I've ever owned >:):

1 - 7 of 7 Posts