MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
image.jpg

I had been shuttling between the thought of getting a F3 or F4 for the past month. I simply love the sleekness of the F3 :mouthwate but the main reason it's putting me off for one is the compact size(ironically F3 is using compactness as a selling point). As for the F4 it's the power that tempts me. I'm 6ft1" 133lbs and I felt like slenderman on a circus bicycle on it while posing around town. During normal posture my knees are almost touching my elbows and there is some problem shifting without shifting my knee outwards from the tank. Since I cannot test ride it, can someone with similar build provide some insight on the overall handling and posture on it?

·
Registered
583 Posts
My riding pal is 6'-3", and he loves taking a turn on my F3. Finds it quite comfortable, he says. This is street riding only. I believe some tall folks here preferred a rear-seat mod for track riding.

·
Registered
169 Posts
I have the same problem on my Aprilia RSV4 (currently looking for an F3 track) and clip on risers and adjustable rearsets make all the difference. Also a different seat (higher) and a different tail will get you a little more customization. If you look at all the bikes from 600 to 1000, the geometry are pretty much all the same.

·
Registered
45 Posts
I'm 6' and I find it very comfortable. Don't think 1" makes too much of a difference...at least when body height is concerned.

·
Registered
169 Posts
RSV4 posture is abit more forward and aggressive though. F3 felt like a different machine altogether. Lol
You're asking about the difference b/w a 1000 and 600; as far as geometry goes, there's not much difference in the frame size, it's all in the power so people confuse more power equals bigger bike. I was giving recomendations on making the "ergos" work better for a taller rider for any race/road bike.

·
Registered
1,762 Posts
Interesting as I have found there is quite a difference between bikes. The differences are reach to bars, height of bars and seat to pegs. I went for a short spin on a F3 (swapped for my 750 F4) and burst out laughing as soon as I sat on the F3. Felt like riding a sports tourer (very similar to a 1997 750 SS Ducati) with wide bars and an upright riding position. Also found the pegs a little lower than I like. I'm 82 kg and 6'+. Another factor is not just your overall height but the length of your trunk (long body/short legs, short body/long legs).

Personally I customise the ergonomics of a bike in particular fitting adjustable footpegs, race pattern gear change and location of foot levers to pegs. You may find that until someone points out the ergonomics of seating, levers, pegs in relation to rider then the rider is totally unaware of them.

Also found the F3 seat tended to push me into the tank which I didn't like.

What is the rear seat mod?

·
Registered
169 Posts
As for the seat you have two options, one is to change the seat foam and have it thicker and flatter towards the front, thereby taking out the downward slope of the stock seat. The other is I believe if you are tracking the bike, you can get a SBK style tail fairing where theres more room towards the rear (this I read somewhere).

·
Registered
1,762 Posts
thanks. I was aware of the extra padding option but was inerested in the race option, especially as I'm of the opinion that sport MVs (F4 & F3) should be single seat with an option of dul seat.

·
Registered
87 Posts
I am 6'2" and 190 lb .... quite comfy on my bike as well

·
Registered
45 Posts
Evidently I'm too short... at 5'8" I was surprised that my knees dont reach the indented area, and sit right against the outermost part of the tubular frame

·
Super Moderator
22,087 Posts
Raise the foot pegs.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts