MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all , I’m looking at a f3 800 2016 model, is there anything I should be looking out for? It has 2600 miles but will be serviced by the dealer before collection. Heard the next service is expensive. Any help would be appreciated.

·
Administrator
18,834 Posts
Welcome to the family !! Where on this planet are you located?? Please add that to your profile.

Service is expensive on any brand of bike if a dealer is doing it. Valve adjustment on a MV Agusta is no more difficult and time consuming than on a Yamaha...actually easier than a lot of Japanese bikes (Honda in particular). I'm pretty sure the next service after 2600 miles on a F3 800 does not involve valve clearance.

If it is not due for a valve inspection then the service should be no more than an oil change, and other routine simple inspection/adjustment....and even if the valves are to be inspected the chance of an adjustment being needed is small, so the cost is minimal.

The few foibles of the F3 bikes are well documented, although the 675 had the initial new model teething pains.

Battery quality is essential. Make sure yours has a good battery....the originals were pretty low quality.
Starter clutch (the "sprag") is a known area. Ask the dealer if it has had the latest part installed.
There was a recall on the clutch basket. Ask the dealer if this one was affected and has the new parts.
The rear cush drive is a weak point and needs regular attention (the rubbers wear quickly). Easy and inexpensive service.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Hi all,

I just picked up an f3 myself and at he risk of not hijacking the original posters thread I had a few questions.

can anyone recommend a dealership within a 100 mile radius from the dc metro area for service and updates?

and if I was considering quick shift down, what will that entail and is it worth it?

thanks again
peter

1 - 6 of 6 Posts