MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As the title states. Do I really need to disassemble the whole front to get to the damn screws? I really dont want to do that or start dremeling shit off. There has to be an easier way. Discuss...

:D

·
Super Moderator
22,111 Posts
I suppose that would depend on the tools you have at your disposal...and how patient you are.

It looks like there is a single nut for each reflector, but that nut would be difficult to remove with the wheel in place.

·
Administrator
19,553 Posts
Removing the brackets too? or just the reflectors? Looks like taking the fender loose will give access.

·
Registered
154 Posts
I suppose that would depend on the tools you have at your disposal...and how patient you are.

It looks like there is a single nut for each reflector, but that nut would be difficult to remove with the wheel in place.

View attachment 476453
You can remove just the reflectors if you have a decent set of tools, but if you also want to remove the 'brackets' that hold the reflectors (#11 and #12 in the above diagram) then you will have to remove the whole wheel (and brakes of course). Careful, as the speed sensor is also attached to that cluster of parts.

·
Registered
298 Posts
I just waited 'til the front tire needed replacing. with the front wheel off, it's easy.

·
Registered
626 Posts
removed these since i have the front wheel off regularly... the one side can be simply unbolted, the other side you need to commit to cutting the bracket. nothing to technical or hard about it.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts