MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
1,223 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
AN 800cc version of MV Agusta's F3 675 will be on sale early 2014.

MV have stated that the project is well under way, with development models undergoing final testing.

The inline-three cylinder engine for the new model already exists in the Brutale and Rivale and it's thought the new 800cc F3 will use the same chassis as the current F3, keeping development time for this new model to a minimum.

The 140bhp superbike will be aimed squarely at Ducati's 848 and Suzuki's GSX-R750. Although by the time it's launched, Ducati may have already replaced the 848 with a new Panigale-style middleweight sportsbike.

The new F3 800 is expected to use the firm's MVICS electronics package and also come with ride-by-wire, ABS and power modes.

The firm's F3 675 costs £9,999, so expect don't expect much change from £11,000.

Read more: http://www.visordown.com/motorcycle-news-new-bikes/mv-agusta-f3-800-due-early-2014/22771.html#ixzz2TwdUQY2v

·
Registered
208 Posts
AN 800cc version of MV Agusta's F3 675 will be on sale early 2014.

MV have stated that the project is well under way, with development models undergoing final testing.

The inline-three cylinder engine for the new model already exists in the Brutale and Rivale and it's thought the new 800cc F3 will use the same chassis as the current F3, keeping development time for this new model to a minimum.

The 140bhp superbike will be aimed squarely at Ducati's 848 and Suzuki's GSX-R750. Although by the time it's launched, Ducati may have already replaced the 848 with a new Panigale-style middleweight sportsbike.

The new F3 800 is expected to use the firm's MVICS electronics package and also come with ride-by-wire, ABS and power modes.

The firm's F3 675 costs £9,999, so expect don't expect much change from £11,000.

Read more: http://www.visordown.com/motorcycle-news-new-bikes/mv-agusta-f3-800-due-early-2014/22771.html#ixzz2TwdUQY2v
Lets hope this one has all the gremlins sorted & does not require new straight exhausts or map 68 or electrics doing what they want etc etc!

·
Registered
504 Posts
Yes, I saw the article, but I think MV is crazy for doing this in the face of problematic F3s and nonexistant 675/800 Brutales and Rivales (at least in the US marketplace). Whatever happened to the concept of market focus from a small manufacturer?

·
Registered
209 Posts
Is that the only source? Let's wait and see if MV actually officially announce it...

·
Registered
814 Posts
Yes, I saw the article, but I think MV is crazy for doing this in the face of problematic F3s and nonexistant 675/800 Brutales and Rivales (at least in the US marketplace). Whatever happened to the concept of market focus from a small manufacturer?
As far as non-existant I think that's pretty much just the US. They are certainly available around this part of the world

·
Super Moderator
22,072 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Some news from my dealer this morning :

Puissance : 150 ch
Poids : 165 kg
Freinage : brembo monobloc
Embrayage anti dribbling de série
Disponibilité : début juin
Prix : 13990€

·
Registered
202 Posts
+ 50000 :drummer:

·
Registered
202 Posts
What about the state of exclusivity? Part of the mystic of owning and Mv Agusta was the fact you were a part of a VERY VERY SMALL group. Ferrari has actually scaled back production of their models, as they are concerned with keeping the brand rare! So much for the seeing or riding an mv being a once in a life time experience for the common folk? SMH!

·
Registered
947 Posts
MV will still be exclusive as they are still going to max out at 10,000 to 12000 bikes per year. They sold over 7500 last year and you still don't see them often. That being said I really wish they would concentrate on making what they have right before they start releasing new models with the same problems.

·
Registered
50 Posts
That being said I really wish they would concentrate on making what they have right before they start releasing new models with the same problems.
completely agree ! ;)

i hope the time answer on the throttle of the ride by wire is now resolved ...

·
Registered
583 Posts
Some news from my dealer this morning :

Puissance : 150 ch
Poids : 165 kg
Freinage : brembo monobloc
Embrayage anti dribbling de série
Disponibilité : début juin
Prix : 13990€

Even with 'only' 126 bhp :yo:, I like my pure-white one much better. Is it wrong to think this looks like a parts-bin fairing assembly?

1 - 20 of 36 Posts