MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
504 Posts
Not bad. They're using the forged wheels from the F4RR, but where are the other upgrades, like Ohlins suspension? I find it interesting that all the F3 800 photos delete the mirrors and passenger footpegs.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Good question I'm struggling to see the value in the price increase? The way I see it x2 carbon fenders, paint job and some rear sets... Is that all or am I missing something special?

·
Registered
22 Posts
It does look amazing - so who's fronting up with the coin needed for one... How do you guys think this compares to the 675 ORO?

·
Registered
947 Posts
I really love the look of this bike. I am seriously considering putting a deposit down on Saturday to pre-order one. My Black F3 doesn't see much use at the moment so I will probably sell it to purchase this. Maybe Motorcyclist magazine is right about us MV owners that we have more money than sense.

·
Registered
661 Posts
That is simply fantastic. I may have gone for this if I hadn't already purchased the F4RR. The great man himself, the legend signs it in two places, on the bike and on a certificate! The footpegs are nice, can get those separate, but the signature, carbon bits, special paint, special color forged wheels, the seat, all adds to this. And do I see a Brembo rear brake there instead of a Nissin? Makes it a tough choice between the F4 and F3800, both only a couple of grand apart. Whoever gets one be sure to post some actual hi-res pics for all to enjoy, ok?

·
King of Bling
9,817 Posts
Only being Devils Advocate ..

ABS control unit?

Sent from Motorcycle.com App
Yep...

On a side note: I can't see this Limited Edition model being worth the additional cost over the standard F3 800.. At £16000 for the F3 Ago, it makes the F3 Oro seem a bargain..

I appreciate it has the Ago signature, but for £10 you can buy a decal and have it lacquered in and with the savings, buy bolt on carbon and an Ohlins rear shock for your standard bike..

I reckon the additional cost for this model is due to some sort of contractual agreement with Ago to use his branding and past connection with MV.. In the early dates I’m sure Ago had a closer relationship with Claudio and the royalties costs to MV for using the Ago branding wouldn’t have been that expensive.

Obviously, this is only my speculation and I have no knowledge about these types of Celebrity endorsement products.

If you like the bikes design scheme and you're a fan of Ago, then what the heck.. Go For It!.

·
Registered
249 Posts
It's not £16000, it's £18999 (eeeeeeeekkkkkkkk) and that's Ago signing my tank (well that's what I'm telling myself). Fingers crossed mine will be at the dealers by the end of the month, bike No.20

It's only money............................and now I have none, but I do own an MV so HAPPY DAYS!

Sent from Motorcycle.com App

·
Registered
1,549 Posts
It does look amazing - so who's fronting up with the coin needed for one... How do you guys think this compares to the 675 ORO?
Rhys, not meaning to offend anyone but as I wrote last November in my thread; “F3 800 Ago edition”

“… I told my dealer after he asked for a $5 grand, NON refundable deposit on the $30 grand Ago, I can do a heck of a lot to my little 675 for $10 grand and keep the other $20 grand in the bank. Thank you very much but I think I'll pass".

The Oro is far more “rare” being the first run on the F3 model with only 200 being produced as opposed to the 300 Agos. It has more bling and better high end components including triple Ohlins. The extra 125cc’s and hp boost of the 800 is nice but the Oro has a true race connection, something that the F3 800 will never have.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts