MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
318 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
anyone have details on this exhaust from MV direct?

http://www.mvagusta.com/en/special-...ss-steel-silencer-exhaust-butterfly-valve-f4/

only cosmetic? why race use only indicated? i do not see a link pipe but does it have one and remove the cat? does the kit come with an ECU?

normal price nearly $2000 and I can get it for around 700 new (owner buying a 2015 F4RR and does not want it!). I will not be able to view till mid-jan when bike is delivered to shop...

·
Registered
62 Posts
I have it on my F4RR - it only differs in sound, but sounds much nicer than stock. It's louder, that's why it says "race use only". It does not remove the cat, and it does NOT include the ECU

·
Registered
661 Posts
I have it, as do a couple of others here. Looks great and sounds great. I recommend it

·
Registered
318 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
ok - from comments i can assume that the the baffle is straight through...good

question - does the kit come with a de-cat link pipe?

·
Registered
62 Posts
ok - from comments i can assume that the the baffle is straight through...good

question - does the kit come with a de-cat link pipe?
No, it doesn't

·
Registered
318 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
i was researching this exhaust some more (RG4) and it seems that it is not a straight through exhaust. Can someone who has one confirm?

·
Super Moderator
22,883 Posts
There will be a baffle in the RG4. It will more free-flowing, but not "straight-through".

·
Registered
661 Posts
It is plug and play with existing program. No ECU mods needed whatsoever! For sure, you are good to go to buy this part and put it on yourself, but make sure to get the requisite graphite gasket that is required to seal the new exhaust as it does not come with the exhaust.

·
Registered
661 Posts
GP Racing, our sponsor here, sorry late response

GP Racing, our sponsor here, sorry late response. Yeah, its a big graphite gasket. Name of part is below.

Be Sure to tell them to keep stocking these as its a wear item and needs replacing as it wears and exhaust leak occurs.

You know you have exhaust leak if you get a lot of popping sounds on deceleration. I did mine up and it runs great accel or decal, no popping. The installing shop put freaking foil in place of the gasket. took me a bit to get all the foil pieces out when it was falling apart. Best

Graphite Connector Ring Graphite Connector Ring

This is the MV Agusta OEM part needed to connect the BODIS Slip-on to the BODIS Mid-pipes on 2012-13 models.

Thanks Fragile, where did you get your seal from? MV Direct?

·
Registered
661 Posts
Mfg. Part No.: 8000B3670

·
Registered
143 Posts
Thanks Fragile, my stock exhaust pops all the time on decal, around 4k revs. should I be taking it back to the dealer and telling them to fix it?

·
Registered
37 Posts
It's normal for pops and crackles on decel, I love that noise.

·
Registered
938 Posts
Thanks Fragile, my stock exhaust pops all the time on decal, around 4k revs. should I be taking it back to the dealer and telling them to fix it?
There's an air injection system that sends fresh air into the exhaust to clean up emissions. This results in igniting unburnt hydro carbons, causing popping.
I love the popping sound on decel, it sounds like you're at the raceway.
If you do not like or want the popping you can disable the system by several different methods.

·
Registered
143 Posts
no no , I love the popping sound. was just concerned about the initial comment made. but all good now.

thanks guys.

1 - 20 of 42 Posts