MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,791 Posts
The last takeover was kind of disaster...so, with increasing sales figures, why would they try another time?

Edit: Actually, I take that back. The last takeover was actually ingenious. They got HD to pay for the development and dept...

·
Registered
5,577 Posts
The last takeover was kind of disaster...so, with increasing sales figures, why would they try another time?

Edit: Actually, I take that back. The last takeover was actually ingenious. They got HD to pay for the development and dept...
Like all takeovers before that. This is why they still exist.

·
Registered
13,695 Posts
It might be rubbish. Sales may be good but that's only half the story. Have they spent all the money they got from HD? If so, then it is probably true.

·
King of Bling
9,817 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
FIAT didn't do a bad job of Alfa Romeo, Ferrari, Maserati, and others, so who knows what they could do with MV..

I think the Ducati buy out by Audi can only be good for the future of the brand, so why can't the same be said for FIAT buying out MV ?

:popcorn:

·
Registered
115 Posts
FIAT didn't do a bad job of Alfa Romeo, Ferrari, Maserati, and others, so who knows what they could do with MV..

I think the Ducati buy out by Audi can only be good for the future of the brand, so why can't the same be said for FIAT buying out MV ?

:popcorn:

I agree. Take a tour through this forum and you may (or maybe not) be astounded at the amount of real estate taken up by the discussion of issues and problems etc. Quaint family business it may be, and perhaps that is the way they want it to stay, but it will be at their peril in the long run. they just don't have a polished product as yet and pretty poor after sales performance and communications. A take over by Fiat could not make it worse, surely.

·
Registered
5,577 Posts
I agree. Take a tour through this forum and you may (or maybe not) be astounded at the amount of real estate taken up by the discussion of issues and problems etc. Quaint family business it may be, and perhaps that is the way they want it to stay, but it will be at their peril in the long run. they just don't have a polished product as yet and pretty poor after sales performance and communications. A take over by Fiat could not make it worse, surely.
But that is the nature of a forum. This is where all the problems gather. That is not giving the whole picture.

·
Registered
2,353 Posts
But that is the nature of a forum. This is where all the problems gather. That is not giving the whole picture.
Word. I dont want to jinx myself but save for a few idiosyncrasies that other bikes have encountered my MV has been great for these past 12k miles. Ive taken long trips on it, commuted on it, etc and its done all while only complaining about the heat.

·
Registered
5,577 Posts
For me pretty the same Ryan! I just had some very minor problems.

·
Registered
404 Posts
I think it will be a shame, Fiat have a fairly large presence in the UK and maybe we could see a BMW like push for the sales of MVs if it did go ahead?

If Audi think this way as well it will bring the "exclusive" brands to the forefront of peoples minds here.
May help improve quality of aftersales rather than trekking to one of the 14 dealers in the UK.

I have had minor niggles with the MV, but nothing compared to my Suzuki. That was a heap of trash from band new.

·
Registered
64 Posts
I'd much rather speculate with Mercedes interest!
Not that there is any sign of any such really existing - other than the Nico / BremBrem Merc / Agusta ads. :)

Besides Fiat needs all the billions they can scrape up to inject new life to Alfa.
I'd dearly like to see more new RWD Alfas in addition to the 4C, like the long awaited 169.

·
Registered
1,086 Posts
Money =/= Quality

·
Formerly WYD OPN
2,150 Posts
Yes, take a tour of mv.net to find all the top-shelf technical help for the inevitable issues unsolved by a very sparse dealer network of a small manufacturer.

There aren't any more problems in ratio than any other brand, and likely less than many. The density of problematic issues is the nature of forums in general, and vital for MVs with such limited dealer help.

I own a decent number of MVs and other marques, and I don't consider them fragile, problematic, or unreliable at all.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Well I have to admire dedication to the brand, that's for sure. I'm not totally sold on the view that forums are for the discussion of problems. Of course that is part of the function of a forum, but certainly not the exclusive domain for problem talk. Even so, still a lot of problems. Don't get me wrong, I still love my MV, even though I have only ridden it for 2 of the 6 months that I have owned it, and I honestly hope that things will improve with the whole dealer/network/public relations/communication drama. I really don't care if someone takes over MV or not. If they are going to make the same product even better, great, if not.....great, as I also love a small company of underdogs. Loyalty, dedication and unwavering faith aside, I would wager that if you had to deal with what I have had to deal with, then I think you might see your dedication falter just a little. Just so I am crystal clear on this...It is an expensive bike, just because it is produced by a small affair for a niche market at present, does not mean that consumers should have to put up with not insignificant failures. let me also be clear on this....I can't wait to get it back from surgery.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts