MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm a Brit, living and working in Saint Petersburg for almost 2 years. Last Friday I visited a new Italian Restaurant, and was amazed to see a pair of MV leathers hanging on the wall. (and a few Ducati's in the place) When I asked about them, I was given a 2010 F4 brochure, and the address of the local dealer! www.probike.ru

Visited the place at the weekend, the owner, Max, is a top guy, very welcoming. Only 10 MV's in the area, and 4 were in there.

All the bikes were a bit special, nice mods etc. There's a show on in the city in 2 weeks so I will post some pics. They say that the 2010 F4 will be here in April.........

Fantastic to find an enthusiastic bunch, pushing the marque, in such an unusual area. Bare in mind there are maybe 3 or 4 race tracks in all Russia, the import problems are biblical, and the roads are in no way suitable for sportsbikes.

:f4:

·
Registered
17,189 Posts
So, what's the riding climate like in St. Pete (the original, not the one in Fla.)?

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
As you can imagine, not good. In general the roads are very poor, potholes etc.......but if you venture north towards Finland there are some good twisties. In the city the driving standards are a nightmare, dead Lada's everywhere, and tram lines that stand 2 inches proud of the road.

The real funny, is that if you have ANY accident, even very minor, you have to leave all vehicles exactly where they stand until a special Militia (police) person arrives. They could take 5 or 6 hours to get there, and they will decide liability. So you can imagine the traffic problems. And if it happens on a tram line.....you guessed it.........all cars and trams are gridlocked!

In the summer, there are loads of nice bikes around Nevskiy Prospect, outside Cafe's etc. The bikers do not seem to care about the police, and will even wheelie past them on Nevskiy:f4:

Got to love the place!

John.

·
Registered
17,189 Posts
How 'bout some photos of you and the bike scene? Thanks for posting.....very interesting!

·
Registered
18 Posts
Hello Gent's, nice to hear abt our lovely city so many nice word's, I'm one of the person who lucky to own one of this 10 bike's.

Fatboy do you have here bike?

pic's of my girl...

Attachments

·
Registered
5,824 Posts
I had a guy from Russia buy some MV items from me off of ebay, we ended up chatting a bit after and there seems to be a big MV following in Russia and it surprised me a bit. He owned a 2007 F4R and a 2005 Brutale America. Glad to see they know about and like MV's down there. I lived in Rastov and Moscow for a couple of years before coming to the USA.

·
Registered
447 Posts
Hey Fatboy, thanks for the info I would like to see some photos of the bike scene there too so post them up when you get a chance.
You too Padvel

Steve

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Padvel, Unfortunately I am now back in the UK.....but not through choice. I hope I get the chance to get back. I think I saw your bike in Max's place. I was actually in the process of shipping an Aprilia Dorsoduro to Helsinki when my job finished. I had planned to ride it to Saint Petersburg for my use. The biking scene in SP is fantastic, and Cafe Italia is a great place to eat and talk bikes.
Unfortunately, just after I left, My mate Phil crashed his Speed Triple, and broke both legs....so be careful of those crazy Russian car drivers:f4:

Your bike looks awsome.....definitely one of the best colours!!

John.

·
Site Sponsor
311 Posts
I had a guy from Russia buy some MV items from me off of ebay, we ended up chatting a bit after and there seems to be a big MV following in Russia and it surprised me a bit. He owned a 2007 F4R and a 2005 Brutale America. Glad to see they know about and like MV's down there. I lived in Rastov and Moscow for a couple of years before coming to the USA.
You know Albert, ??

1 - 11 of 11 Posts