MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Went to Berlin with my girlfriend. Had to go with her to MV dealer to buy a main axle bolt for the back wheel.
With 3 people in the (tight) shop to take the clients, no one could even tried to understand what I wanted, because they couldn´t even answered my question - "do you speak english?" - If it wasn´t for my (german) girlfriend to make the questions, I would have had a problem. Wanted to ask them about other stuff for my MV, but it was impossible, as you can imagine... and after selling us the bolt, they showed no interest at all to comunicate with us/her and to know what I wanted to ask,...:bandit:

At Hein Gerick shop, on the other hand, they were super cool and spoke english - the owner and the employee! Highly recommend these guys! Top material for bikes with amazing prices and sales!!

Forget MV Agusta Berlin! Buy somewhere else if pyou can. I will definitely do the same next time!!

·
Registered
9,945 Posts
Went to Berlin with my girlfriend. Had to go with her to MV dealer to buy a main axle bolt for the back wheel.
With 3 people in the (tight) shop to take the clients, no one could even tried to understand what I wanted, because they couldn´t even answered my question - "do you speak english?" - If it wasn´t for my (german) girlfriend to make the questions, I would have had a problem. Wanted to ask them about other stuff for my MV, but it was impossible, as you can imagine... and after selling us the bolt, they showed no interest at all to comunicate with us/her and to know what I wanted to ask,...:bandit:

At Hein Gerick shop, on the other hand, they were super cool and spoke english - the owner and the employee! Highly recommend these guys! Top material for bikes with amazing prices and sales!!

Forget MV Agusta Berlin! Buy somewhere else if pyou can. I will definitely do the same next time!!
Come on Eduardo..That's not fair...When I go to France I learn/revise a few basic words and questions and especially how to ask nicely for help.

People like it when we make an effort. It is breaking down the barriers.

On the other hand it sounds like they could have been more helpful as you are a customer..:smoking:

Auf wiedersehen

joe

·
Registered
9,945 Posts
Did you mention the war?
I did smile when Eduardo said it was the Germans lol

" We didn't start it ! "... " Yes you did ! You invaded Poland !!"

Having said all that, I know what it is like to go into a shop full of enthusiasm hoping to have a good chat about my favourite subject and just get the cold shoulder.

joe

·
Super Moderator
21,423 Posts
...there's always my garage....

(bring tools...)

·
Registered
83 Posts
little unfair Germans often speak German especially in their home land. Perhaps more interesting is that you were able to buy a new rear wheel nut over the counter ,Be Happy down in New Zealand we would be writing in praise if a dealer actually carried stock. Asked one of our larger motorcycle accessory suppliers for a DID joining link he asked for my credit card details before he would order the $ 12 part in, just after telling me he normally stocks them ! Some people just Suck at service !

·
Registered
2,573 Posts
If you're still in Germany and your English is fairly advanced, ask them to write it down next time you're in a bind. Many words come from the same root. One place my wife and I had trouble was Japan. None of the languages we speak came remotely close to their tongue. I certainly didn't fault them for not speaking english. Nor would any reasonable outsider.

·
Registered
247 Posts
If there is a Next time speak to them in your native tongue.
The wife and I went to the Nurburgring on one of the days we had a wander round the shops. A german lady came over and started speaking to the wife who spoke back in French (for a laugh). The assistant asked if she spoke English which of course she did. She even found it funny when the wife told her she was English

·
Registered
40 Posts
Was in an MV dealer near Stuttgart (Leonberg) last week. Could not have been more helpful. Had an enormous stock of latest models and took me into the workshop to show of a prototype F4 with flat bars.... Working with LSL on a conversion kit.

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Well, all been said about ze gerrmans, I was still lucky to buy the bolt. And it was meant to be sold to another guy that had ordered that specific one. But come on Joe!, do they make any effort to speak English or portuguese (my country) when they come here to visit us? mmmmm some, but very few, and just because only a few of us speak gerrman.
Germans say Austrians are worse ehe. Anyway, don´t forget that Hein Gericke shop was 5 stars!

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
ok, now I´m gonna spanc my girlfriend, because when we were there she told me there was only one MV dealer....so I missed the 2nd one. They might have even offered me the 2013 F4RR! Damned!!:banghead:

·
Super Moderator
21,423 Posts
ok, now I´m gonna spanc my girlfriend, because when we were there she told me there was only one MV dealer....so I missed the 2nd one. They might have even offered me the 2013 F4RR! Damned!!:banghead:
Pictures....We need PICTURES of the spanking!:naughty:

·
Registered
14,209 Posts
no English in Berlin????

eduardo;
post up the name of the dealership......

then we can find out what occupation zone they were in:stickpoke
in 2 of the 4, they spoke English

i lived in Germany for 5 1/2 years in the early '70s and only some of the elderly didn't speak English, but everyone would at least try

the girls from the language institute at the University of Heidelberg all spoke better English than i do......
only one, Uschi 1, would not speak English in front of me, and she taught French kids English

only one time did she say anything in English.....she disagreed with the translation of a word in a test question in a German magazine the other girls were giving me
and she was right :drummer:

1 - 17 of 17 Posts