MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
Vancouver has just lost its only MV dealer. Pacific Motosports has abandoned it Guzzi, BMW, Triumph and Agusta dealerships to deal only in Ducati.

I think the all day return trip to the next nearest dealer is going to continue to guarantee my Brutale is unique in this city.

Registered
Vancouver has just lost its only MV dealer. Pacific Motosports has abandoned it Guzzi, BMW, Triumph and Agusta dealerships to deal only in Ducati.

I think the all day return trip to the next nearest dealer is going to continue to guarantee my Brutale is unique in this city.
Wow. If they can't make BMW work, I'm not sure how they'll survive being Ducati only. There were several Ducati-only dealers in the states that went under in the mid 2000's.

Registered
So where is the next nearest dealer ? Used to fly to and around the sunshine coast when I lived in Canada, lovely part of the world

Registered
Discussion Starter #4
I'll have to use this as an excuse to do more road trips. Calgary has a dealer (about 12 hours away) and Spunky's in Parksville (about 5 hours plus ferry wait times). Seattle is only 2 hours away, but the Canadian dollar isn't making that very appealing right now.

Not sure how well they'll do as a Duc dealer only, there are other Duc and BMW dealers in town. But Ducati seems to have a hold on people the same way HD does.

Perhaps the building they are/were in is cursed. They aren't the first dealer in there to fold up.

I have no problem doing my own maintenance and pretty much anything can be purchased over the net now, but anything involving hooking the computer up to the bike is a dealer only thing. Perhaps that doesn't actually need to happen that often?

Registered
Don't go to Calgary, I've heard nothing but terrible things about Blackfoot Motorsports and their service department. I use Edmonton (Echo Cycle) for anything I need now. MV Agusta of Calgary was good when they were open, but they dropped everything except for HD now.

Registered
Bummer news. It's no wonder people usually only buy Harleys or Japanese bikes. (which I have several)
Poor dealer support for the European brands.
We actually just gained a new (small) MV dealer here in the Mpls area. So that's a positive.

Registered
Just got back from the Motorcycle Show in Toronto. I asked a Motovan rep if they are still importing MV's to Canada and they said no. Explains why there was absolutely no MV presence at the show. I suspect dealership support is about to die across Canada.

Registered
I was disappointed to not see MV at the show in Vancouver, as I really wanted to see the TV. I was talking to another vendor and they were saying there are rumblings about purchase of MV by Piaggio?? Also not so clear whether Pacific left BMW/Guzzi/Triumph or vice versa. I stopped in there one day and received very poor customer service. Took two sales guys and a manual to remove the bags from a Stradale.

Registered
I talked to the MV Canada rep at the Calgary show. Can't imagine why they wouldn't have gotten to the others. Blackfoot in Calgary just got MV recently, but I began doing my own maintenance before that, as I was being charged $400 per oil change because of the labour for 3hrs of checks. They went through the checklist every time! I've heard the dealer in Edmonton is good.

Like chwebby said, MV Agusta of Calgary closed up everything except HD, as they were originally an HD dealer, this wasn't overly shocking. Shame, they had Ducati, Royal Enfield, MV, and Indian, but it sounded like HD pushed them to drop all the others.

Registered
Just got back from the Motorcycle Show in Toronto. I asked a Motovan rep if they are still importing MV's to Canada and they said no. Explains why there was absolutely no MV presence at the show. I suspect dealership support is about to die across Canada.
Moto Van no longer the importer? WTF :jsm:
Well I'll be sure to tell Tim Massarelli, the MV Agusta Canada rep about that because someone was lying to one of us! I asked Tim about the lack of MV's at the show among many other things. He told me that with no new bikes to show and no Toronto dealer to support the booth there was no way he was paying for a spot and then being the only one there. He went on to say that the new for 2016 B3 800's for Canada were just about to start down the assembly line. Why say that if they're packing it in? There's a story there somewhere... :popcorn:

I was disappointed to not see MV at the show in Vancouver, as I really wanted to see the TV. I was talking to another vendor and they were saying there are rumblings about purchase of MV by Piaggio?? Also not so clear whether Pacific left BMW/Guzzi/Triumph or vice versa. I stopped in there one day and received very poor customer service. Took two sales guys and a manual to remove the bags from a Stradale.
See above for same reason why no MV's for the other shows. No local dealer means no MV presence. :bawling:

I talked to the MV Canada rep at the Calgary show. Can't imagine why they wouldn't have gotten to the others. Blackfoot in Calgary just got MV recently, but I began doing my own maintenance before that, as I was being charged $400 per oil change because of the labour for 3hrs of checks. They went through the checklist every time! I've heard the dealer in Edmonton is good.

Like chwebby said, MV Agusta of Calgary closed up everything except HD, as they were originally an HD dealer, this wasn't overly shocking. Shame, they had Ducati, Royal Enfield, MV, and Indian, but it sounded like HD pushed them to drop all the others.
Blackfoot would have done Calgary and Echo would have covered Edmonton. That's why those two shows had bikes.

Still it's sad state of affairs when they are supposed to be building a dealer network yet they can't afford, (or are to lazy) to promote the brand in key market cities. Heck, Tim wasn't even wearing any MV branding. I at least had on my European Motorsports MV "T" shirt and MV Agusta coat that the wife had custom made for me.

Registered
Tim was the guy I was talking with Stephen. Seems the local dealer guys don't know much on the brand, so anything beyond "take my money" sends them off to find him when he's around. He told me they'll be taking taking the bikes across country for test rides this year, so I don't know how that works in cities with no dealers.

Registered
The weird thing in Vancouver was that nobody knew that they were NOT coming. There was staff from the dealership in Parksville at the show and they hadn't been told until the last minute. They were listed on the website as well as printed materials. Is the money that tight that they wouldn't come to a major city to try and get people fired up??

Registered
The weird thing in Vancouver was that nobody knew that they were NOT coming. There was staff from the dealership in Parksville at the show and they hadn't been told until the last minute. They were listed on the website as well as printed materials. Is the money that tight that they wouldn't come to a major city to try and get people fired up??
Well, as unforgivable as that might be I鈥檝e come to expect the unexpected where MV Agusta Canada is concerned.

MV Agusta Canada is a paid member of the MMIC and as such is expected to support it鈥檚 shows. I suspect that Pacific Motorsports was to supply the bikes with personnel from both shops sharing booth duties. With that store dropping their major brands literally just days before the show there may have been no time for other arrangements. I鈥檓 not making excuses for Tim/MV Canada but sometimes, 鈥淓xcrement duth occur!鈥

As far as money goes, it does appear that Moto Van/MV Agusta Canada are tighter with their money than bark on a tree!

But I maintain, there is no excuse for MV not having a visible presence at the Toronto show! Be it a stand alone booth or just a corner of the Moto Van display.

Registered
my dealer- north American warhorse, stopped carrying MV and refused to accept my bike for service as they are no longer up to date with any tools, software, etc. from mv to properly work on the bikes. I now take my f4 to Fast by Ferracci in Pennsylvania and couldn't be happier. I walked into the showroom, its quite small with only a few ducatis and a few mv's on the floor - but the shop is HUGE, with over 100 bikes in the shop ready for servicing. Mr. Ferracci has done a great job bringing in excellent service personnel, and his reputation in the racing industry is beyond reproach. There is only one mv dealer in the mid atlantic region of the US, and I'm glad its only 1-1/2 hours away. I consider myself lucky, seeing that most areas are loosing their dealer support. anyone needing a lift to Ferracci, I'd be happy to get your bike up there!

Registered
Something similar seems to have happened at the Toronto show because the show website said that MV Agusta was an exhibitor, then it was a no-show. Can't blame it on a recent change to dealers since nothing has changed recently in the greater Toronto area. Sturgess Cycle had a booth, but nothing MV related. If none of MV Canada, Motovan and Sturgess can be bothered to bring a bike to the show in the largest Canadian market, I don't see how buyers can be asked to have more faith in the brand. Sorry to say, but the indicators are that importer/dealer support seems to be in a death spiral.

Registered
MV is not leaving Canada, just changes happening in the off season when all these shows take place.
And what mystic powers did you use to divine this? The changes part that is, as I'd hope Motovan wouldn't be so short sighted as to pull the plug after only five years.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts