MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So last April I stacked my 2011 F4. And yes, I did cry when I saw that piece of artwork looking less than pristine. The skin grafts on my hand made me cry almost as much...

Anyway, I thought it was going to be a write off but no, the insurance company decide to fix it. I selected a top crash shop here in Adelaide to do the job - last time, with a different bike, I went through a big chain bike shop and was left bike less for 6 months.

So my repairer immediately tallied up the damage and ordered the parts he could not fix and respray. He went through a Dutch company (I'm not sure of the exact details) who liaise with the MV factory.

Long story short, over four months later and I am still waiting for panels and a mirror!!

I've tried complaining to MV Australia and haven't even had a reply. When this last happened to me, with KTM, it pissed me off so much I swore off that brand for good. I love my MV, but this lack of customer support must surely shit anyone who crashes and wants their bike back!

Is there anyone else I can pester to speed up this ridiculously long process?

·
Super Moderator
22,070 Posts
I have no idea why this is taking so long, the Company you're talking about in Europe might be forum sponsor Star Twin Trading, have you emailed them by any chance?
As far repairs, there's a lot of good secondhand body parts all over eBay, maybe check them out. At the moment MV is on summer holidays as much of Italy and Spain do every year, for a whole month.

·
Registered
1,762 Posts
Well I ordered a new rear indicator for my 2012 F3 through both Peter Stevens and Mototecnic in February this year and guess what .. still no indicator. All I want is an orange lens but have to but the complete indicator. And I have been keeeping an eye on e-bay for the OEM part. The joys of Italian bikes

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Soooo. After a Facebook post I received a call from Dale, who works for MV in Australia and New Zealand. He was very keen to help. He said they normally get parts in the air within five days of ordering, which would have been great, but I wouldn't believe it until I was actually the beneficiary - I've had too many years of waiting for stuff to arrive!
Anyway, after speaking with my repairer he said Star Twin (thanks Nels!) have told him my parts are two weeks away from now. After waiting four months already, that really sucks, but I guess I'll have to put up with it.
All this really does for me is reinforce the fact that if I crash, I want to do such a bloody good job at it the bike is written off, and I can be on another MV in two weeks, rather than waiting months. It's not good enough that a don't have a bike for a third of a year. Not good enough at all.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
So here I am, almost five months after my crash, and I'm still waiting for parts. I read through the Star Twin threads and it seems they have a great rep for delivering parts asap - my repairer told me he's getting stuff within a week of being notified by Star Twin they have received the part from MV - which leads to the sole conclusion that the factory is to blame.

I don't know what is causing this, whether there is financial turmoil, the workers are having an extended holiday or fucking what, but I am seriously pissed off.
Once again, a fantastic bike let down by poor parts supply. I might as well ride a bloody GSXR (my mate's fell off its stand, cracked fairing and engine casing - parts turned up in three weeks) and forget about having a sexy Italian bike. It drives me nuts. The biggest problem for me is I'm so fed up, I'm falling out of love with the bike. I hope when (if???) I get it back I'll feel that same passion, but right now, there's a very sour taste in my mouth over this.

Rant over.

·
Registered
1,468 Posts
Mv parts are annoying. I broke the tail piece off my R1M (which is more limited edition than most MVs) and had the part from yamaha in 4 days. Can't beat that.

·
Super Moderator
22,070 Posts
So here I am, almost five months after my crash, and I'm still waiting for parts. I read through the Star Twin threads and it seems they have a great rep for delivering parts asap - my repairer told me he's getting stuff within a week of being notified by Star Twin they have received the part from MV - which leads to the sole conclusion that the factory is to blame.

I don't know what is causing this, whether there is financial turmoil, the workers are having an extended holiday or fucking what, but I am seriously pissed off.
So, you don't say where the parts where coming from originally, was it also from MV via Star Twin ?

You do realise that MV and most of Italy and Spain close for a month, every year, this time of the year (August), and that MV was also shut for other reasons (financial re-shuffle) for more than a month?

I hope you get sorted mate, doesn't seem right to me, I've never had to wait that long for any parts.

·
Registered
451 Posts
For reference - I ordered a calliper overhaul kit (seals & pistons) for my YZF750SP in 1997. Took 3 months to arrive. I think the courier was a yak herder or something.

·
Registered
23 Posts
"MV Agusta for the patient motorcyclist"... I just had to wait about six months for a bunch of parts. You're almost there, I feel your pain.

·
Registered
445 Posts
For reference - I ordered a calliper overhaul kit (seals & pistons) for my YZF750SP in 1997. Took 3 months to arrive. I think the courier was a yak herder or something.
How can that be a reference for anything current, it was 19 years ago? Or have you become a Yak herder yourself and time goes by so slowly you haven`t even noticed it's 2016?

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I had another big chat with the Australian and New Zealand parts manager for MV.

He said that if I'd gone through an official MV dealer my parts would have been in the air in five business days, notwithstanding the holidays and the factory's financial issues previously mentioned in this thread. Once again, he said he'd never heard of Star Twin Trading, even though I mentioned they were on this forum.

My bike is apparently almost finished - just waiting for the fairing to be re cleared with a new F4 sticker, as true to Italian form, they sent a panel with the wrong colour sticker on it.

So, it'll be a genuine 5 months from first ordering parts to having a completed bike back.

That's shithouse.

I don't know who is at fault - the factory, my repairer, Star Twin. Like I wrote before, next time I'll set fire to the bloody thing and just get a new bike. So over it.

·
Registered
9,955 Posts
I was prepping my Laverda Jota last week for the annual owner's rally...The horn button decided to not come along to the party and I was almost left high and dry as it was busted .:ahhh:

Then I remembered that a while back over a cup of coffee , it had occurred to me during my morning 20 minutes of wakefulness, that as the factory had shut back in the 1990's I wouldn't be able to get parts quickly..So I started stocking a few bits..just in case..so that I could stay on the road if I broke something..:jsm:

I'd located a couple of spare left side switch clusters in my spares hoard ! and within 20 minutes the bike was complete again. :smoking:

It's just reality and I realised the same with MV Agusta..only sooner...

Ridiculous really but that's what we got.

and of course it's a bad idea to keep collecting parts as you then end up with a second bike... Hmmm :naughty:

Joe
I do hope your parts arrive soon though !

·
Registered
1,259 Posts
I had another big chat with the Australian and New Zealand parts manager for MV.

He said that if I'd gone through an official MV dealer my parts would have been in the air in five business days, notwithstanding the holidays and the factory's financial issues previously mentioned in this thread. Once again, he said he'd never heard of Star Twin Trading, even though I mentioned they were on this forum.

My bike is apparently almost finished - just waiting for the fairing to be re cleared with a new F4 sticker, as true to Italian form, they sent a panel with the wrong colour sticker on it.

So, it'll be a genuine 5 months from first ordering parts to having a completed bike back.

That's shithouse.

I don't know who is at fault - the factory, my repairer, Star Twin. Like I wrote before, next time I'll set fire to the bloody thing and just get a new bike. So over it.
Star Twin ARE an official MV dealer, if they can't get the parts then no one else would have been able to either.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Soooo. Picked up my MV today. Looked gorgeous, sounded great. Rode to the nearest servo to fill her up. Turned her back on - immediate misfire. Couldn't be the fuel, the new fuel hadn't even reached the injectors yet.
So I struggled back to the repairer on three, sometimes two cylinders. Bike less. Again. FFS!!

Latest update is they've just got the plugs out. More to follow on Monday. Christ knows what the exact problem is, but five months of sitting unused never does any good.

·
Registered
9,955 Posts
Soooo. Picked up my MV today. Looked gorgeous, sounded great. Rode to the nearest servo to fill her up. Turned her back on - immediate misfire. Couldn't be the fuel, the new fuel hadn't even reached the injectors yet.
So I struggled back to the repairer on three, sometimes two cylinders. Bike less. Again. FFS!!

Latest update is they've just got the plugs out. More to follow on Monday. Christ knows what the exact problem is, but five months of sitting unused never does any good.

Ask them to take a look in the tank. It's not unheard of for the little hose from the fuel pump to the filter to slip off. A look inside may reveal lots of bubbles...

I feel your pain:jsm:

joe

1 - 20 of 33 Posts