MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Had the Corse full Titanium system and sport pipe/ ECU installed. What started out as a bit frustrating due to fueling problems, turned out to be an easy fix by resetting the throttle bodies or something.

After install, the bike was blowing a lot of black smoke, huge billows, as it turns out because with the throttle closed, the bike thought it was open 18%. I burned a tank of gas in 70 miles and it ran horribly.

Now all I can tell you is pure joy. The bike runs like a champ, and low speed fueling is completey smooth and much better than stock, in SPORT mode. The bike also makes SERIOUS power as well, all of 10 -15% more zip, maybe more- ill have it dynoed in a couple weeks. HUGE difference from stock, and I highly recommend you 1090 owners to buy this kit from Gabriele at Evolutionbike. I will post a picture from work tomorrow.

Only drawback is that its a tad loud, but then again its a racing pipe. Left the DB Killers in, and the O2 sensor is installed. The bike feels quicker than my 1198 now...tough to say because they are both bloody fast and the Brut gearing is low. I am still breaking in and dont know what this thing will do on full throttle!!!!!

DO IT!!!!!

·
Registered
210 Posts
Snap

Wasn't impressed with the gaping hole at the front of the bellypan so I made a mesh cover for mine. The corse pipe sounds great with the DB killer in and awesome with it out if a little loud. Loving the look of yours in red Squid

Attachments

·
Registered
229 Posts
Very Nice , Dare i ask how much that little lot cost including fitting ?
Did you need to rolling road set up or just bolt it on and plug in the ECU ?

·
Registered
210 Posts
Hiya steve. Got all the bits from gabriele at evolution prices are all on the website, bit eye watering, just hope the missus never reads this. Got sean at john carr in alfreton to fit the exhaust, hes a top bloke who really understands italian bikes, builds and races ducatis in his spare time. Only cost £150 and that included fitting the new ecu.

Squid
Sorry for hijacking your thread

·
Registered
16 Posts
Whats the range now ?

I was seriously thinking getting 1090 ... but I need bike 150mile range... you would think 6 gal tank would be enough for that result...
Do you know if the fueling got any better...

Had the Corse full Titanium system and sport pipe/ ECU installed. What started out as a bit frustrating due to fueling problems, turned out to be an easy fix by resetting the throttle bodies or something.

After install, the bike was blowing a lot of black smoke, huge billows, as it turns out because with the throttle closed, the bike thought it was open 18%. I burned a tank of gas in 70 miles and it ran horribly.

Now all I can tell you is pure joy. The bike runs like a champ, and low speed fueling is completey smooth and much better than stock, in SPORT mode. The bike also makes SERIOUS power as well, all of 10 -15% more zip, maybe more- ill have it dynoed in a couple weeks. HUGE difference from stock, and I highly recommend you 1090 owners to buy this kit from Gabriele at Evolutionbike. I will post a picture from work tomorrow.

Only drawback is that its a tad loud, but then again its a racing pipe. Left the DB Killers in, and the O2 sensor is installed. The bike feels quicker than my 1198 now...tough to say because they are both bloody fast and the Brut gearing is low. I am still breaking in and dont know what this thing will do on full throttle!!!!!

DO IT!!!!!

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
No worries flushman, you answered perfectly and spared me from admitting how lame and lazy I am. Back in the day I would have installed myself. It looked fairly straightforward, but I opted to overpay someone else to do it, so couldn't acutally answer!!

In my defense I live in an apartment and don't have any tools or space to work on bikes currently...but probably would still have thrown it at someone else to do!! I don't know about you, but I am very happy with the perfromance improvement.

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
The red pinstripes on the wheels look very cool. I would have actually bought the black version too but I only had one bike to choose from. I'm not dissapointed though.

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Karna, I think you can get 150 miles out this tank but I have not checked it. All I know is that I get twice the range I get on my 1198 at least but that thing only holds about 3 shots of fuel. I did drive all the way from Yokohama to Tokyo with the fuel light on awhile back and never filled up before going down. I'll try and keep an eye on it, The fueling is definitely better, but I'm not sure yet whether the mileage is better or worse.

I used so much fuel on that run because the bike was so rich I thought it was going to blow up!

·
Registered
210 Posts
Karna
I get between 120 and 130 miles to the light and I've ridden 26 miles with the light on. That was pushing it to the wire because when I did fill up I got 21.5 litres in at the pump which means I only had 1/2 litre left in the tank. 150miles is probably the full range although I do ride in a spirited manner, if you know what I mean.

·
Registered
365 Posts
Flushman, even your brute is looking nice...keep up the good work guys. May be some CF next ??? or the cannonball kits ???

·
Registered
324 Posts
mmmmm... nice

I'm not much a fan of wicked-loud pipes anymore - what's your take on the pipe with the DB killer in?

·
Registered
876 Posts
The red pinstripes on the wheels look very cool. I would have actually bought the black version too but I only had one bike to choose from. I'm not dissapointed though.
Squid, that's the first '10 pic I've seen that made me think upgrade. It's beautiful. Still not crazy about the black engine though.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Nicest system I have seen so far, one question what happens with the butterfly valve that is in the exhaust, and the electric motor that operates it, do they completely remove this ?

1 - 20 of 41 Posts