MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,434 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Someone wanted the results of the RG3 Vs stock, I will scan in the results from Sydney Dyno Tuning shortly, but essentially the stock was recorded at 166.1 @11,670, RG3 came in at 169.4 @ 11,690.

There was also a posrt on weights... if this is a repeat of info...sorry.

Fully 'wet' .. full tank fuel

MV = 207Kg
10R = 196Kg
K5 = 199Kg
R1 = 203Kg
RR = 211Kg

So, Honda (Albeit '05 Version are 4Kgs up on the MV!!)

Also to remember is that the MV has the largest fuel tank, so if we really compare (and I haven't done this), but with all having equal fuel on board, I reckon the R1 will also be heaver.

·
Registered
6,448 Posts
Thanks Graham, but does it 'feel' a lot quicker? :)

·
Registered
1,434 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Oh hell yes, and this is what counts, the dyno is all well and good, but the reason you pay money for these exhausts (for the steet anyway) is how if feels and sounds. Will you ever notice 5bhp...of course not.

But they pass with unimaginable results!

As I mentioned at about 5000rpm the bike is a different machine all together, it really is this obvious, top gear run on's from say 120 to 160 kmph is covered in warp speed and its addictive! And the sound is nothing like I have ever experienced from an after market system, I had a Yoshimura full system on my R1 and was not close at all, the hairs on your neck stand on end just when you start it, never mind the cackle from closed throttle at high rpm.

Worth every cent John!

·
Registered
474 Posts
Sydney Dyno Tuning?
Don't tell me, a guy in Brisbane whose name is Sydney that owns a Dyno?

Those weights are interesting, and a long way from the ~165kg BS that the japanese sprout in advertising. Like the rort with the new R6 17,500rpm on the overreading tacho :loser:

·
Registered
1,434 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Just read that about the rev ceiling on the new R6, its just wrong to promote this as a major selling point and then when discovered only withdraw the ad material!
But the wet Vs dry weight debate is a rought as well, there is an article in a mag somewhere which explodes this myth and performs a weigh in all tanked up, and then published the real weight Vs advertised weight, I will try to find it, its an eye opener!

·
Registered
1,434 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Chris, I'll leave it up one of our American members to advise on your question as I only have the Australian price, but a good starting point would be mvagusta-sp.com site and go from there.

Good luck

·
MV Cellist
4,595 Posts
Agusta01, Thanks for the HP numbers & the weight numbers.

Perhaps you remember in the thread I started the other day "F4 and her weight issue..." the wet measured weight of the stock MV F4 S1000(not 1+1) was 10kg more than the # you got, however the #s of the R1 and GSX-R are just 1 and 2 kg off from yours:

2005 MV F4 1000s: 151.6 bhp @ 11,400rpm, 75.2 lbs-ft @ 9,950rpm, measured wet weight(full tank):479 pounds(217kg)*.

2005 Suzuki GSX-R1000: 159.7 bhp @ 11500rpm, 80.1 lbs-ft @ 8,500 rpm,
measured wet weight(full tank): 444 pounds (201kg).

2005 Yamaha YZF-R1: 155.3 bhp @12,750 rpm, 73.4 lbs-ft @ 10,300 rpm,
measured wet weight(full tank): 449 pounds(204kg).

Those are actual measured numbers done by the staff of the Roadracing world magazine.

*The MV's fuel tank capacity is 0.7 gallon larger @ 5.5 gallons

These numbers are only for reference, I know every bike is different, especially HP #s, there are too many variebles: the bike, the dyno, temp, altitude... etc, but 10kg in weight is a big difference, I guess the only way to know for sure is to measure them ourselves.

Congrats on the new RG3 pipe... I can only imagine the "aural stimulation" one gets from it :p
when I upgraded my 03 R6 with custom map & PC, Graves full system, V stack BMC air filter, it went up to 112HP VS stock 104HP, I was able to feel a big difference in the top end, however the 1hp in the 8000rpm difference was certainly not felt.

What's this false advertising story about the 06 R6 17,500 rpm redline? I haven't heard of it...

·
Registered
1,434 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Dyno tests in the US have proved that the true reading is 1300rpm lower than published, although the tacho dose spin up to 17,500rpm! Yamaha have already confirmed the reports and state the R6 tacho is 'over 1000rpm off' and 'in order to avoid further confusion we have decided to no longer advertise the 17,500 rpm limit'

They (Yamaha) go on to say many of their current motorcycles err on the side of optimisim as an xample the YZF -R1 is marketed with a top speed of 300kms/h, but reality is closer to 270Km/h

So many can get sucked in! :mad:

·
Registered
474 Posts
My trusty RSV aprilia is out only 0.2mph at 170mph according to a UK test back when it was released, and that was under reading. You get that with a pickup on the rear brake rotor.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts