MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
521 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Ok, so I got my lovely new OL4 exhaust fitted. I had to mess around a bit loosening and re-tightening the mounting bracket, but got there in the end :)

Is 5-10mm of clearance from lower can to the rear tyre is "normal " ? I cant remember how much clearance the original had

How do you get the dB killers out ?

thanks

·
Registered
172 Posts
Remove DB Killers...

Take a close look at the exhaust outlet. You'll see a socket head cap screw that you'll need an allen wrench to remove. They are at the top of the opening on each silencer. You wont see them unless you bend down and examine closely... Once the fasteners are removed the DB's should pull out.

Assuming you have found and removed the fasteners, but still cannot remove the DB's, take a thick piece of wire, loop it through the hole in the inner DB silencer core and use the wire like a slide hammer... The DB will relent eventually...

Don't go crazy, that Ti canister is thin!

Pictures for reference...

http://www.mvagusta.net/forum/showthread.php?t=131450&highlight=ol4+silencers

That clearance number seems tight, but as long as the tab on the silencers is fully seated in the header outlet then you've done all you can do. It's there to establish a hard locating point.

·
Registered
521 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
thanks, that really helped me find the allen bolts.

All sorted now, a coat hanger was the ideal tool to get the dB killers out ...it sounds great. I still have the cat/valve/OE headers for now so the dB killers out seems just the right amount of volume, not too obnoxious

I did pull the lower silencer to the right as much as it would go, before tightening up the mounting bolts fully...it does seem near to tyre, probably 10mm clearance. Will keep an eye on it and readjust if necessary. The upper silencer looks like it has a few mm clear when the rear wheel moves up/down, ive have them loosened and tried to get more clearance, but seems that's as much as it will move

1 - 3 of 3 Posts