MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
This was purchased through emoto. The cost was approximately $150 with shipping. I was supprised what a difference the gas cap made with the looks of the bike. As you can see, the central part of the cap is billet as well as the ramp on the back side. Very well made.

Installation is straightforward. Only three bolts hold the cap onto the tank.

·
Registered
398 Posts
Now your in my club :) :) :)

However your camera is MUCH better than mine!!! Nice photos as always! :yo:

Attachments

·
Registered
1,937 Posts
hellcat said:
This was purchased through emoto. The cost was approximately $150 with shipping. I was supprised what a difference the gas cap made with the looks of the bike. As you can see, the central part of the cap is billet as well as the ramp on the back side. Very well made.

Installation is straightforward. Only three bolts hold the cap onto the tank.
I guess the idea of no lock on the cap is common sense.
Who would want to let a bike like a Senna out of their site in public!
What else is there to look at that beats it! :naughty:

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
Even though MVs are finished well, there are a couple of things which catch my eye when I look at them. The new gas cap looks like it came with the bike stock, but instead of the pedestrian sort of locking cap look, it has a higher quality billet look to it. Not obvious from the photos is how well the cap goes with the top triple clamp. It looks like a cap you would see in a race paddock.

The rearsets also catch my eye. The bike's stock rearsets look like cast pieces because they are. Everytime I looked at them they just didn't seem to go with the overall finish of the bike. Kind of inconsistent really. Like the cap, the new rearsets go with the overall stock look and feel of the bike. They don't come off as "after market". They really look like the bike was manufactured with them except now when you look at the bike, the impression is that the rearsets are absolutely beautiful (admittabley at quite a price). From every angle you see the almost organic curves with the machining clearly visible. They reflect light differently from different angles. I hope this doesn't come off as a snobish attitude. I am just explaining what I feel when I look at the bike and realize I am splitting hairs since the bike is way more than just fine as it comes from the factory.

The only other thing that really needs replacement is the exhaust. I am trying to figure out how I am going to pull off getting the full MV Cose Ti system. Hmm ... I could sell my other bike, but that seems like an extreme measure.

·
Registered
16 Posts
I just checked out the emotouk website and the one they are selling has a different Moto Corse logo on it. Am I looking int wrong spot or has the part changed slightly?
Thanks,
Kent

·
Registered
485 Posts

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
kbmyers said:
I just checked out the emotouk website and the one they are selling has a different Moto Corse logo on it. Am I looking int wrong spot or has the part changed slightly?
Thanks,
Kent
The site I used is emoto gadgets

·
Registered
165 Posts
clandestinejinx said:
Hey, good job! Now Jealous people can put napkins and bottle caps in your gas tank! Better you than me!
Sir! only people with sexual magnetishm can open those caps. :stickpoke

Think this product is sourced by MV Moto Corse, from the independent and different company Moto Corse in Japan.

http://www.rakuten.co.jp/motocorse/1124841/1123088/

Johnnie

·
Registered
330 Posts
ok then, sanitary napkins. I got to have a lock. I admit, they look cool but I ride my bike all over the place, and usually it draws a crowd. I don't want any suprises in my Brutie. I actually was impressed with that gas cap momentarily until I found out it has no locking mechanism.

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
clandestinejinx said:
ok then, sanitary napkins. I got to have a lock. I admit, they look cool but I ride my bike all over the place, and usually it draws a crowd. I don't want any suprises in my Brutie. I actually was impressed with that gas cap momentarily until I found out it has no locking mechanism.
Why would somebody mess with my gas tank's contents? I've been driving two cars over the last 6 years, neither of which had locking tanks and I've never had a single problem.

I can't image somebody opening my gas cap and inserting something. There are a lot of things I could worry about, but that isn't one of them. If its jealousy they can push the bike over, scratch the tank ... lots of things ...

I am going to do what I feel like doing with my bike and not let fears dictate my actions (or lack of actions). Of course there are some common sense sort of things to avoid like parking the bike on DC streets overnight in a dimly lit area. But other than doing something remarkably lame like that, I am just not going to worry.

·
Registered
485 Posts
I totally agree with Hellcat,the only reason you should be worried it's if you're living a double life and you have enemies,beside that nobody should mess around with your bike for no reason. :stickpoke

1 - 20 of 26 Posts