MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got the upper fairing and wire covers today .Tank should be here Thursday along with carbon air ducts. Will take pics of tank when I get Them. Cagiva loves my bank account. Whats left of it. :jsm:

Attachments

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hopefully seeing the covers came from MV they will fit without modifing anything.

·
Registered
102 Posts
odonata said:
Congrats, I also have the MV SP CF wire harness covers on order, please let me know if those CF wire covers fit properly like the original covers, I have heard they need to be "fitted"...

I put the full MV Corse carbon kit on my bike and the covers fit perfectly as did the rest of the kit.

·
MV Cellist
4,595 Posts
Jimmyz said:
Hopefully seeing the covers came from MV they will fit without modifing anything.
yes I hope so too, because the story I heard from a fellow member who had those(official MV SP CF wire covers) installed by a dealer and was charged for about 6 hours of labor for "fitting" them if I remember correctly. :jsm: :jsm: :jsm:

If that's the case when mine arrive, I will do the fitting myself since I have some experiences with work like that, but still, I hope CRC have fixed the problem.

·
Registered
102 Posts
odonata said:
yes I hope so too, because the story I heard from a fellow member who had those(official MV SP CF wire covers) installed by a dealer and was charged for about 6 hours of labor for "fitting" them if I remember correctly. :jsm: :jsm: :jsm:

If that's the case when mine arrive, I will do the fitting myself since I have some experiences with work like that, but still, I hope CRC have fixed the problem.

I also put the MV screen kit in my F4. It may have taken me a total of two hours and very minor trimming/tweaking on a few pieces to get a slightly better fit in some areas. I wouldn't say there is a problem with the parts, just some fine tuning that's all. Make sure you use clear or black silicone to adhere the screens to the body panels. Nothing else will work properly or last as long (from my experiences anyway.....).

·
Ball & Chain magnet
3,027 Posts
odonata said:
Congrats, I also have the MV SP CF wire harness covers on order, please let me know if those CF wire covers fit properly like the original covers, I have heard they need to be "fitted"...

I had to *tweek* my wire covers a bit....and had to slighly drill out my mirror post so i could line up the bolt to the fairing...... all MV original parts too..... I figured out to drill after messing with it for about two hours.... :banghead: ....atleast I get a really tight fit now.

·
Registered
2,839 Posts
My only experience with MV carbon (and not the part in question) was when the mechanic at the local had to change the air filter on a Tambo (a warranty issue) he said the carbon one fit better than the plastic moulded ones.

·
Registered
3,255 Posts
if i remember correctly, xman went back to the stock covers after his carbon ones didn't fit right either. since it is a mould, everything may/may not come out just right. hopefully, you have little to no problems.

·
Registered
5,193 Posts
My Carbon elec cover nearly fitted without mods, To get them to fit 100% I needed to machine down the outside of the long angled allen bolt :)

An AMerican friend of mine who did the whole bike with MV Carbon says it doesn't fit as nice as the orig plastic and does need the help of a Dremell

Attachments

1 - 14 of 14 Posts