MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
756 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi guys,

This might have been discussed but i need advise from the experts here on the topic above.

Whats the difference of the Corse Alarm and the others in the market.

Corse Alarm is actually quite expensive Euro 400 while others much cheaper.

Does the Corse Alarm has more features that makes it expensive.

I will require a good alarm set as there are lots of morons in my country and lots of vandalism has taken place.

·
Registered
7,774 Posts
Scorpio alarms are great. I have one on the R1. I can't answer your question on the corsa alarm. I have seen two sell on the site for $300 recently.

·
Registered
92 Posts
I have the Scorpio SR-i500 on my Rune and it works great. They are having a fall special and offer a proximity sensor and battery backup for free with the purchase of the system. It works very well and pages you if someone is F-ing with your bike. You can even set it to what I call the "Kick A55" mode which notifies you via the pager but makes no sound at the bike. If you can get there fast enough you can "take care of business" yourself. I don't have one on my SPR because I don't leave it anywhere I can't see it. The Scorpio guys give good service as well.

·
Administrator
19,817 Posts
I installed the MV Corse alarm (I'm one of the lucky ones who got it from another forum member at a great price :baddeal: ). It is quite a nice system. Some features:

Passive alarm, requires input when you turn the key on before it will start (prevents your buddy from riding when he "borrows" your keys) even if the alarm isn't active.

Internal battery back-up (recharged when the bike is running) so it stays hot even if your bike battery goes dead.

Seat switch that sets it off if someone tries to remove the seat to disable it.

Movement sensor that can be set for sensitivity (mine goes off if I throw my jacket over the seat before disarming).

And alarm goes off if you try to force the key switch in any way.

Also has output capability for pager or cell phone alert if your cell phone is capable.

Best part is it plugs in to the harness with no modifications or alterations of any sort. A true "Factory" installation. It is actually made by Cobra for MV. Automotive standards and quality.

Plus, it is damned loud when it goes off..:jsm: ..I accidentally set it off 3 times after I installed it, at 11 pm.:eek: ..I am sure my condo neighbors were happy about that.:bash:

I can recommend it.

·
Registered
756 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
esq'z me said:
I installed the MV Corse alarm (I'm one of the lucky ones who got it from another forum member at a great price :baddeal: ). It is quite a nice system. Some features:

Passive alarm, requires input when you turn the key on before it will start (prevents your buddy from riding when he "borrows" your keys) even if the alarm isn't active.

Internal battery back-up (recharged when the bike is running) so it stays hot even if your bike battery goes dead.

Seat switch that sets it off if someone tries to remove the seat to disable it.

Movement sensor that can be set for sensitivity (mine goes off if I throw my jacket over the seat before disarming).

And alarm goes off if you try to force the key switch in any way.

Also has output capability for pager or cell phone alert if your cell phone is capable.

Best part is it plugs in to the harness with no modifications or alterations of any sort. A true "Factory" installation. It is actually made by Cobra for MV. Automotive standards and quality.

Plus, it is damned loud when it goes off..:jsm: ..I accidentally set it off 3 times after I installed it, at 11 pm.:eek: ..I am sure my condo neighbors were happy about that.:bash:

I can recommend it.
wow it seems like theres a lot of features in the Corse alarm .... do u have more details ?

·
Administrator
19,817 Posts
What I printed before pretty well sums it up. Installation was straight forward (I am pretty technically competent, so what I say is easy may not be for some) and took me about 3 hours (I was going slow and making sure everything was just so).

One last detail, there is a red LED status light that blinks when system is armed. The instructions have you placing it under the seat where it isn't visible. I placed mine where it is visible through the right side vent in the seat cowl....looks pretty cool blinking away in it's "cave" as I walk away, confident that any tampering will be met with quite a loud scream. :jsm:

·
Administrator
19,817 Posts
You will not be disappointed.

I will take some photos of my installation and post...but mine is Brutale. F4 will be different. Instructions were not extremely detailed. You must think it through and use mechanical intuition to decide what they want. Routing wires and making connections will require removing the tank and air cleaner.

·
Registered
1,734 Posts
WHERE CAN I BUY Mv Corse Alarm ? I'M IN LOS ANGELES

·
Registered
294 Posts
I liked Datatool on my bikes when I lived in UK; straigtforward no non-sense simplicity.

I am not as sure for the Scorpio though. I was one of the earliest vitims of the "pager" alarms (3000 something series it was called then). Pager was utterly useless. It would not receive the "tampered" alert signal around the corner if the bike and the pager didn't see each other in a clear sight of line. Their advice to extend the antenna (a loose 18-20" cable) outside the fairing and wrap it around the CB antenna or something like that. :stickpoke It may have changed for better by now though. I still use one without the pager.

·
Administrator
19,817 Posts
Some photos of my MV Corse alarm installation:

http://gallery.mvagusta.net/esqzme_alarm

I haven't removed the body work to really show it, but I will post more photos when I take the time to do that.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts