Registered
2,860 Posts
yeh very awesome.
love it

·
Registered
35 Posts
Hi Jack
Wonderful bike and wonderful colour blue indeed. Does it fully match with the original colour of this 150 GT? I think this could also be the original colour of my 150 Sella 1960 (first series). Or at least nearby. Could you please mention the code of the colour you used? It would be very helpful to me.
Greetz, Gianni

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Hi Jack
Wonderful bike and wonderful colour blue indeed. Does it fully match with the original colour of this 150 GT? I think this could also be the original colour of my 150 Sella 1960 (first series). Or at least nearby. Could you please mention the code of the colour you used? It would be very helpful to me.
Greetz, Gianni
As acquired the bike was an abandoned restoration project and the tank was already painted, I had paint mixed up up match it. I will however ask the sprayer for the code if there is one and post back here.
By the way, if your 150 is 1960 it will also be a model CC, the Sella being introduced by Avello in 1964. A history of the Avello factory can e found here:- https://alnorte.webnode.es/la-fabrica-de-suzuki-en-gijon/
The photo shows the bike as I first saw it leaning against the side of an auto-jumbler's van

Attachments

·
Registered
1,546 Posts
Beautiful!!!

·
Registered
35 Posts
Hi Jack(s),

Thanks for your reply on my question about the right colour. I understand that you choose yours according to the already sprayed tank. When I look at the authentic Sella's of the first series, they seem to match your colour really good. The second and following series are showing a more dark blue. So when you suceed in finding the code I would be very grateful to hear.

Greetz Gianni

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
There are all sort of bureaucratic hoops to jump through to get an imported motorcycle road registered in the UK, but we got there in the end, road legal now.
The photo shows it at a recent Italian Day meeting, didn't tell them until afterwards made in Spain!
Still don't know how quick it will be as I have yet to find a speedometer drive (fitted to the front wheel) drive cable and probably the speedo it's self as it make a rather unhappy rattling noise when shaken. The speedo drive (or rather what's left of it) is shown in the next photo

Attachments

·
Registered
35 Posts
Hi Jacks,
Lucky you to succeed in getting the bike street-legal. Congratulations.
I think (now almost sure) my MV Sella is not from 1960 but probably 1963 or 1964. I compared the VIN of mine with an other bike, which is 1964. There are so little bikes known by their VIN's. Could you please menition the VIN and enginenumber of yours? So I can at least make an estimate of the right year. Hope to hear from you.
Greetz, Gianni

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Hi Jacks,
Lucky you to succeed in getting the bike street-legal. Congratulations.
I think (now almost sure) my MV Sella is not from 1960 but probably 1963 or 1964. I compared the VIN of mine with an other bike, which is 1964. There are so little bikes known by their VIN's. Could you please menition the VIN and enginenumber of yours? So I can at least make an estimate of the right year. Hope to hear from you.
Greetz, Gianni

The VIN number of my machine is 17122:57 and was dispatched from the factory in October 1963. Hope this helps.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts