MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
1,473 Posts
What a complete pile of BS.

I firmly believe that Proton management is seriously trying to cover their asses with this whole "MV was a big mistake" story.

And sourcing engines from Suzuki - GIVE ME A FUCKING BREAK! All of us here know that is complete bullshit. I can't even believe I read that. The Proton CEO must be some kind of retard for saying that.

Or it just indicates how out of touch he is!

My prediction - Proton will continue its slide into serious trouble which will require a big government bailout. MV will continue to make fantastic motorcycles and improve it's financial position.

Alex

·
Registered
8,920 Posts
mellottiracing said:
SHAH ALAM, March 28 (Bernama) -- The acquisition of MV Agusta Motors SpA was a costly lesson for Proton Holdings Bhd and the subsequent disposal of the insolvent Italian motorcycle manufacturer will allow Proton to concentrate on its core business of producing quality cars.
Ha, anyone bought a Proton recently :laughing:

This whole article is obviously slanted, and contradictory double-talk.
If MV was bought by a subsidiary of Proton, how was it possibly a drain on Proton's core business.

And certainly, the 1000cc engine is NOT from Suzuki; what :eek:nthecan:

·
Registered
474 Posts
chris said:
They buy the Engines for the Cagiva Raptor Models. 1000ccm V2 Engine. I think since the last five years.
Yes, and the 650cc as well. Cheaper way out I thought.

Bimota did it with every bike except the V-Due I think (ducati, yamaha, suzuki, bmw...). Aprilia did it with the RS250 (Suzuki RGV250).

What made Proton think that italian business men would tell then the truth? :shocker:

Makes the MV you bought a bargain, as you bought it below cost, even if you paid retail :laughing:

·
Registered
1,292 Posts
Italian bikes should really have Italian engines. They really do make some of the best in the business and that is the reason I really don't like Aprilia that much. (besides the iffy styling) Rotax makes some great engines but something is missing.

Bimota is nice because they are so exclusive, but telling someone the engine is Japanese.......... :barfalot:

John T

·
Registered
479 Posts
Bimota was a very small company. Buying Japanese and Italian engines for their bikes, where all of the reliability and other testing was done for them, was very smart.

Bimota stuck to their core competency, the design of the chassis, to add value.

The VDue you may remember, their first real engine design, killed them.

Had they not decided they needed an in-house engine, they may still be turning out bikes.

Only an idiot wouldn't notice the cases on an MV engine are totally different from those of a Suzuki in about 3 seconds of inspection.

·
Registered
1,077 Posts
Who buys an MV for the motor?

I'd be happy to hear that there's a GSXR, Yamaha, or Honda motor in my bike...

·
Registered
6,448 Posts
Gladio said:

Sorry Jack, don't agree with you. :shocker: Jap engines are brilliant but they lack that indefineable element, call it soul if you like. MV has it, Dukes have it, rising sun machinery doesn't IMHO.

·
Registered
479 Posts
Gladio said:

I didn't buy it for the motor, I love the whole package, but the MV has a GREAT engine. I think it would reduce it's desirability some to lose it.

I think the Mondial is a very desirable bike even with it's Honda engine too however.

·
Registered
8,920 Posts
JamesC said:
Yep, as Chris said they are clearly talking about Cagiva's suzuki partnership for the raptors.
Yep, I realized this as a went to bed last night, I'm like duh...the Cagiva twins.
But, this is not how the article reads, which again shows its slanted view.

·
Registered
474 Posts
airfuel said:
...that is the reason I really don't like Aprilia that much. (besides the iffy styling) Rotax makes some great engines but something is missing...
ROTAX build the motor to Aprilia's own engine design. No complaints from me.

Re: Aprilia styling - can't argue there - they ain't no F4. :love:

·
Registered
8,920 Posts
john said:
Sorry Jack, don't agree with you. :shocker: Jap engines are brilliant but they lack that indefineable element, call it soul if you like. MV has it, Dukes have it, rising sun machinery doesn't IMHO.
I agree with john, I did buy the MV for the motor; and chassis and everything else. I love this motor, and I would venture that most Ducati owners feel the same about their motors. Who wants a Ferrari with a Suzuki motor :loser: (I know I'll get :mad: for the car anaology).
Although, I have always loved the Suzuki v twins, and would possibly bought a Raptor if it was available, stupid Suzuki though, they are afraid (rightfully so) that the Cagivas will hurt sales of their own SVs (aside from the emissions issues which could be worked out if Suzuki would cooperate).

·
Registered
1,473 Posts
ok, yeah cagiva uses suzuki motors. but that deal was in place LONG before the proton acquistion of MV. the way that article reads, it says MV didn't have the capability to make 1000cc motor - which is NOT true.

i hope that mv puts up some really great financial results for 2006. it would be oh so sweet to shove that in the face of proton (mis)management.

alex

·
Registered
379 Posts
?

Hey Melloti,

How's that Ohlins shock holding up under your weight? Really appreciate you bringing news of impending disaster for our beloved MV's,- ONCE AGAIN!!

YOU are so cutting edge...

Is your Tamburini still for sale? If so, how long has it been for sale? You are SO commited to your bikes. Gotta love a guy whose car is worth less than his motorcycle!! :) Don't get me wrong! My daughter has an A4! Audi's S4 scares me... too fast...! For a small sedan!

How much was the new Ohlins Spring to compensate for your 999R's rider weight loss? What color is the spring that compensates for implant removal? :laughing:

Seriously, I've put on a few pounds in the last few years!! :naughty: :laughing: Need all the help I can get!! :smoking:

Best Wishes,

KH

ps, please keep the board updated with PROTON disaster news!! :stickpoke

incidentally, my new Proton Moron(suv) cost $159K. As an expert, do you think I paid too much??

1 - 20 of 34 Posts